Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to set up land lease

Old 01-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to set up land lease

This is my first year hunting. I have been looking for private land to hunt on, but have had no luck after talking with several farm owners in my area. I have read about land leases and am wondering what they are, how to find land available for lease, and how to go about setting a lease up with the owner. Any suggestions on locating private land to hunt on will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick C.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How to set up land lease

You are probably doing the best thing you can by talking to the local farmers. The more you contact the better. If that falls through, you can try contacting any local timber company personel you can, contact your local county forester, contact any consultant forester you can, contact banks that have management plans for individuals, place an ad in the paper or at any feed and seed store. If you locate land to lease (pay for hunting rights) draw up an agreeable contract that outlines a description of the land, game covered by lease, any restrictions, time period of lease and anything else you can think of.