Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 According to Yahoo hunting is dangerous >

According to Yahoo hunting is dangerous

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

According to Yahoo hunting is dangerous

Old 08-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default According to Yahoo hunting is dangerous

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070817/hl_nm/deer_risk_dc
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: According to Yahoo hunting is dangerous

I think it could be called...ummm..."Buck Fever"?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:02 AM

Very misleading.The condition of these men are risk factors that would be exposed through any rigorous activity. 17 out of 25 with heart disease already. OK--so what is the point in them making the connection to hunting?Just another lame attempt to put hunting in a bad light.It could apply to any sport or even work. BTW, anyone else notice the 'deer' that is an elk?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Ithink that I've been overweight since the doctor slapped my behind!!And all I have ever heard was to excerise and for it todo you good you have to get your heart rate up--Well thank you lord now setting in a tree watching deer with my heart up in my throat makes feel sooooo.. much better!!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:23 PM

What the story doesn't mention is that sex gets your heart rate up even higher and is even more "dangerous" than hunting! Granted the duration is infinitely shorter

More men die of a heart attack each year while having sex than die while hunting from any cause.

I love when the media gets a common sense study like this and tries to blow it out of proportion. Anytim you take someone with heart disease and increase their heart rate whether it be via hunting, sex, walking, cocaine, or playing with their grandkids, you increase the risk of heart attack. Of course they'll never publish a story that playing with your grandkids is dangerous to your heart!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 PM

How biased can they get? chosing 25 men with known heart problems out of how many millions(?) of deer hunters in the country? Some people believe this c**p!.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey i would rather die hunting or say fishing or say talking on here about dieing while i was hunting then die being a tree hunging anti hunting hippie

your heart rate goes up haveing sex or even eating food or heck breathing so if you have heart deisese should you stop breathing lol

boycot yahoo
Old 08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

No way, Jose, you think MSN Hotmail is any better for mail? Microsoft is anti-hunting, so lets boycott Microsoft, and Steve Jobs voted for Nancy Pelosi, lets boycott Apple, heck, let's boycott Sony, they make consoles which people play Nazis killing American soldiers on Call of Duty 2.

Just take what life gives you, 'cause life is like a mop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_vncX99c14
Old 08-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I agree on the media being ignorant and blowing sh*t up. Reminds me about a summer not to long ago. Shark bites!!!!

Thats all you heard was about people getting bit and whoever almost bitten and what America could do to be safe when swimming in the water.. Funny thing was that the number of shark attacks were down that yr from previous yrs.

Then suddenly early one morning of that summer several planes took out a 2 buildings in NY and one in DC. Never heard another damn word about sharks since. Now since they have played out anything from 9/11 and the war going on the move on to crap like Paris Hilton and what color is Brittneys hair today. Did Anna Nicole kill her son with drugs she got from the Playboy Mansion left there by Elvis dressed in drag blah blah...

Katrina hit and slammed the crap out of LA, and Miss. Then had to hear about all the hurricanes predicted for this yr (which was suppose to be way up in the teens and has been adjusted several times cause they GUESSED wrong) and how every time a dark cloud came in on the radar gas prices went up a $1... Thats old news now yet thousands of people still live in makeshift communities.

Its probably been 7 or 8 yrs since I read a newspaper just because I can't stand to read the dribble of BS

Ok done ranting...

Old 08-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The media just likes to make stories that will get people talking. I think this is BS!!! Wouldn't it be a good idea to get exercise, you're more likely to die sitting on your couch not exercising.