Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Jam - I'm sold

Old 08-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Buck Jam - I'm sold

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Which one did ya'll use--apple or acorn??
No apple trees in the south--Thinking about trying the honey acorn though!!
I'm using the acorn favored / sented stuff , it really draws them in and there tearing the ground up.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

we've been using this stuff for a few years. pourit onstumps they eat right through the center of them and put it onbig branches that break off trees, they make them look like tooth picks.this stuff definetly works. we also use apurina deer chow, corn and buck grub mix thatworked real well but cost a little too much because they hammer it so quick.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Is this labeled as an attractant or as bait?

Hate to go to jail over plain old jam and have no bisquits to put it on while serving time...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

TRY CORN SOAKED WITH APPLE CYDER ....
DD I absolutely love this method. We have a festival in Sept. called the apple festival and they sale fresh made apple cider and i usually buy 4 or 5 gallonsa year just for this and maybe a glassful here and there.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Spike

You can by both types - apple and acorn at Bass Pro Shops. I would get it now before the season gets any closer. I work at the newly opened Bass Pro in Prattville, AL and it is flying off the shelf. I better go get some myself tommorrow.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 AM

Buck Jam...Is a good product..I used it on a dead limb that fell out of tree ;somehow they dragged it off 20 feet from where it fell.. not sure why but must been a big one that limb was massive..
Old 08-19-2007, 04:32 PM

I put some out last night, and the deer changed the spot where they were crossing a canal to come straight to it. It definitely works, and they can smell it a long way off.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Freezersfull

Buck Jam...Is a good product..I used it on a dead limb that fell out of tree ;somehow they dragged it off 20 feet from where it fell.. not sure why but must been a big one that limb was massive..
A bear could do that. Do you have any around?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paddles

we've been using this stuff for a few years. pourit onstumps they eat right through the center of them and put it onbig branches that break off trees, they make them look like tooth picks.this stuff definetly works. we also use apurina deer chow, corn and buck grub mix thatworked real well but cost a little too much because they hammer it so quick.
so they like this stuff so much, they will eat wood if you put in on it? wow i got to get some of this lol
Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out to my hunting spot where I've been pouring this stuff out for the last three / four weeks this morning.
Sure enough ... they been hitting it and hitting real good , in the picture below you can see the ground as been pawed and dug into.

Quick Reply: Buck Jam - I'm sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.