Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Jam - I'm sold

Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Spike

Default RE: Buck Jam - I'm sold

If at all possible you need to put it out in advance of your hunt. That is not to say you won't get some curious deer that catch it on the wind and come to investigate. But having it out in advance will almost guarntee they come through your stand looking for it. IMO
Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 AM

I put some out by my stand yesterday and now I'm curious to see what happens.
I have a camera pointed on a pile of corn that looked like it was destroyed, but I only had 5 pictures and 4 of them were racoons.
I think my camera isn't working well.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jedge1979

If at all possible you need to put it out in advance of your hunt. That is not to say you won't get some curious deer that catch it on the wind and come to investigate. But having it out in advance will almost guarntee they come through your stand looking for it. IMO

I tried this stuff last night, they found it and ate it over night
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

now try 30/06

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM

Buck Jam didn't work for one of the Guys I hunt with. He was all pumped up, because he heard only good things about it...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 AM

I am, as well, sold on Buck Jam: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2361596

As it mentions in my other post, I now see many more deer in the area where I put it out compared to before... and I put it out about 30 yards from an old, worn-out deer trail. They are actually making a new trail directly to the spot I put it out at!!! First product I've tried in about 25+ years of hunting that actually impresses me!

Cheers!
MadOtis
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM

This was Buck Jam Persimmon. Came night after night. Loved it. Got two out of the four last year.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have been reading this and had to try it. I bought some last week. I had a corn pile behind my house with the camera over it. It is right around persimmon trees, so I bought the persimmon flavor. I put it all over the corn. I got a few pictures the first night, then nothing. They will not touch the corn. I was getting 60 pictures a night and replaceing the 50 pound corn piles every day. Now it is like there is hardly any deer there. maybe 5 pictures a night. I don't know if it doesn't mix well with corn or what. I tried the c'mere deer last yearand they ate the corn like normal, nothing excessive. This is really weird though usually 50 pounds of corn rarely last a day around here, let alone a week. I am going to put corn out right beside the buck jam corn, and see if they eat it over the other.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 AM

ORIGINAL: blondiez24

I have been reading this and had to try it. I bought some last week. I had a corn pile behind my house with the camera over it. It is right around persimmon trees, so I bought the persimmon flavor. I put it all over the corn. I got a few pictures the first night, then nothing. They will not touch the corn. I was getting 60 pictures a night and replaceing the 50 pound corn piles every day. Now it is like there is hardly any deer there. maybe 5 pictures a night. I don't know if it doesn't mix well with corn or what. I tried the c'mere deer last yearand they ate the corn like normal, nothing excessive. This is really weird though usually 50 pounds of corn rarely last a day around here, let alone a week. I am going to put corn out right beside the buck jam corn, and see if they eat it over the other.
You have disrupted the deers patterns. If all you have been feeding them is corn, they most likely were timid to come around with the introduction of a completely different food source. My guess is it will take you a decent amount of time to attract the same amount of deer until they become used to what your trying to attract them with.