Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do u think?

Old 01-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what do u think?

my dad opened a package of deer steaks wee got back from the processer and there was a bullet jacket fragment....we hit all 4 of our deer in the heart/lungs none in the hinds..we didnt notice and fresh holes or anything...and he said the steak looked fine...you think maybe it just fell onto it when they were packing it or something?? what do you think?
Old 01-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do u think?

Thats odd. Maybe it was from an old wound. Well at least its dead and reday for eatin'
Old 01-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one of the reasons I like to cut my own .You have no control over what happens to your deer or even that you get your own .
Old 01-03-2003, 06:19 PM

That was a interesting story. I have always wonderd if I am getting the accual deer I shot?

At one time when at the butchers, I noticed about 40 or so deer hung in the cooler and one of the employees trying to locate a customers deer to begin the prosess? Who knows.

I would hope that they are more organized? Like Halcon stated he does his own, probubly the best thing to ensure that we get our own meat and that it is handled well.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:12 PM

i like to cut my own up too! u never know.. ahlf the time the deer u get back might not be yours...

If its Brown its Down,
If it Flies it Dies!

http://community.webshots.com/user/jimmymo32
Old 01-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

....i doubt it got messed up..i watched them tag the deer and we were like # 80 on the second day of season...very few people leave there deer there..its a mountain town and most do it thereselves..first saturday they went back to 0 after they hit 100 and we werein the 30s or 40s....so thats 150 deer in a week..thats nothing for a large scale butcher shop they had running...the second day they had 3 more to skin and i watched them do 2 of them...i dont think it was a hit....my dad looked at both steaks in the package and he said they were both fine and had no holes or anything like that and he sed it wasnt embedded...just laying there...they could have mixed it up but i think there would be a hole if there was a hit there...also of the 4 deer we had there we got back 7 phone calls throughout the week...3 for when the first 3 were cut...3 more when they were totally done smoked and all..and then 1 more to tell us that they are all finished...they called the first 3 times incase we wanted to pick up the steaks and chops...its to far for us to go after that and go back up 2 more times so we waited till it was all done...i think maybe it fell out of the carcass or something....i duno

Old 01-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to cut my own. I wouldn't trust anyboby. It's worth the expense of getting the equipment and learning how to cut the meat, then you don't have any problems.