Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ritual after you kill first deer? >

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ritual after you kill first deer?

I generally take my fresh kill to the taxidermist.JK. After I killedmy first deer, didn't do anything ritualistic, learned to dress it and drag it and then continued on to the same steps that Doctor Death takes, except I am not married!!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

hehehe they are yanking your chain on eating the heart fresh. Me I did nothing but field dress it and get it checked in...
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Branson

After my first, I said a little prayer to myself and sat for a few minutes watching and admiring the deer. Then there were high fives and congrats and hugs. My uncle, grandfather, and everyone else I knew made me feel like a champ for a little 81lb button buck. Now after every deer, there's still a prayer and admiring the animal.
I do what you do. I simply say a prayer of thanks. I sit and admire the animal and thank the lord forhelping me make the shot. I never want to forget the moment. I remember every one like it was yesterday.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

I am not religious, but gave thanks to the deer for allowing me to harvest it.

I also hunt alone so only I know if I miss a deer or not..

Old 08-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Thank the good lord above for your harvest..I like to point my finger to heaven and smile real big..He put this animal on this earth for us to hunt andI think he enjoys watching us live his word..
In all things give thanks to him...........
Old 08-19-2007, 02:07 AM

We don't have any rituals after a kill within the group, but I personally take the heart and liver back to camp with me and cook them both. I eat the heart and the dog eats the liver. That is of course if there is a heart left to eat. Last couple years I blew the hearts completely up in my last couple deer, so I haven't had deer heart in a couple years now. That isn't a bad thing though at all. I'd much rather not have my "ritual" meal if it means knowing I did a perfect and quick kill on the animal. Of course I appreciate the animals after the shot before gutting them, too.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

blood on the face and balls around the neck while you skin him
Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 AM

Only thing i had to do was gut it and skin it. I had watched all the time but never did it. My dad always said, if your willing to kill it you better be willing to gut it and skin it.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

i start out by taking a chunk of the liver, then the heart, then the lungs, then the kidney, then the anus, then i take a drink from the bladder....no not really.
So Wis_Bow_huntr... you're basically saying you eat a hotdog and drink a Coors Light ?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 PM

First deer harvest, man that was along time ago!

Quick Reply: Ritual after you kill first deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.