Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ritual after you kill first deer? >

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ritual after you kill first deer?

After every kill I make, I say a prayer to God thanking him for a great hunt and a great animail.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

i start out by taking a chunk of the liver, then the heart, then the lungs, then the kidney, then the anus, then i take a drink from the bladder....no not really.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

In my family, after a deer is killed we take it home...take millions of pictures and make phone calls and texts to all the thousands of relatives. We dont really have and rituals but if its a buck someone usually gets hit by a pair of balls while a joke is made (no disrespect meant).
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

If I was going to eat my first deers heart I would of had to use a spoon or straw because there wasnt much left of it after a slug did its business.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

First think we do is thank the one above for allowing us to harvest one of his creatures. For the first my father put blood on his fingers from the deer and put a little on each of my cheeks. He then stated that the spirit of this animal would always be with me. That led to a very grown up conversation about the respect for the woods, it's creatures, and the harvest. I did the same with my son's first deer a few years back. When I told my father about it he recounted when my grandfather had the same conversation with him. That conversation took place over 70 years ago.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

high 5's and hugs
Old 08-11-2007, 12:13 PM

I remove the guts, and start dragging.
I'veguided 2 youths to their first deer kill. On both, I congratulated them, asked them to stand silent for a moment to soak in the moment, and then began teaching them to field dress their kill. (they got bloody enough from that)
Old 08-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

By the time I got around to taking my first deer I'd been in hunting camps and fishing camps for 13 years , its generaly accepted that Iwas concieved in that 2 weeks of anxiety between dove and ducks,I paid my "dues" cleaning fish and birds from about age 6 up .
The first deer was just amoment of silence . And a dip of Levi Garret on the way off the mountain liver and onions for supper that night .
I skipped the chew with my kids .
Old 08-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

The first thing I do is go home and make hot and pationate love with me wife :&gt)

dd
Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Does she know about that?
ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

The first thing I do is go home and make hot and pationate love with me wife :&gt)

dd

Quick Reply: Ritual after you kill first deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.