Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone drive a car??or just trucks?? >

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 PM

Default RE: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

I am a completely avid hunter and a car freak. I'm looking at getting a 1977 Firebird and adding a hitch for a trailer...call me crazy! lol
Old 08-08-2007, 04:21 PM

If you can afford a big 4x4 pick-em-up that's the way to go. Otherwise drive what ya got! If it won't fit, get one of those little 4 wheeler trailers to tow behind.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Spike

F150 4x4 and F350 4x4
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM

I drove a truck up until 2005 when gas got really high. I bought a Honda civic for most of my driving now. I am a teacher. I kept the truck because I have a lawn maintenance business on the side as well as hunt and camp. It is pretty sad when you can have a new car payment or pay the same amount in gas driving the truck. I drive about 50 miles a day.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

I have a hunter green 1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Prerunner (4 cylinder) automatic... and I get 20 mpg on the highway. It's exactly what I want.
My '99 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Automatic with 8 Cylinders gets 20 on the highway and 16 in town, a lot of my buddies have Taco's and most of them get worse MPG than me.

However, I do LOVE that color on those '98-'00 Tacomas and they are a little more nimble off road than my beast.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:30 PM

04 Silverado stepside, and yes the gas mileage is superior to the Tacoma. Had one of those in '95 when they came out. I have a Ford diesel 3/4 ton 4wd extended cab, and a GMC 3/4 ton extended cab4wd that is used in my landscape business. 17 with the Powerstroke, and only 12 with the GMC gas hawg! I haven't owned a car for 20 years, and my wife only drives suv's--it is a safety issue.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 options with a car - get a tow hitch put on and buy a little dinky trailer that can fit a deer or two on it.

The cheaper option is to put a good tarp in your trunk and stuff the deer in there. If you have a Beemer, I wouldn't do it though - you're still likely to get blood on stuff. I have an old Geo with a million miles on it, so I don't care so much about getting bloodstains in my trunk.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 AM

I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla for work and running around. I havea Ford F250 4X4 with biggun tires, tons of rust, but runs great and great for hunting and misc errands.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM

I have a 2 door Chevy Cavalier Z-24 which I have had for 6 or 7 years now!! Lots of room in the trunk!! Planning on getting a SUV or Pick-Up in the spring!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I give my wife crap for all the junk that accumulates in her Grand Prix. You think she'd let me get away with soiling the trunk with deer hair and fluids?

People hunted with cars for years before pickups were widely accepted and available. Though I can imagine hunting in anything but my pickup, it's more because of four-wheel-drive and not having to share the driving compartment with a bloody mess. In my opinion, if you have a truck, use the truck.

Yes, I've even seen minivans in the woods during hunting season. God must really love a man who has stones enough to take a minivan hunting. I am not getting in his way!

Quick Reply: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.