Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone drive a car??or just trucks?? >

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

I would suggest buying a cheap S-10 and keeping the car. Keeping the car is more practical since you aren't going to be able to hunt everyday. Plus, by keeping a small cheap truck it will allow you to haul things and hunt at an affordable price.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 AM

I actually drive a Ford ****** ZX2. All the deer I killed last year went in the trunk, so it became a little messy.

I think I've got the PERFECT solution...

I can buy a hitch for my car for about $160.00 installed. I can install it myself and save about $35.00. (I do work on cars for a living)

Bass Pro Shops sells a product for about $70.00 called the "Hitch-Haul." It's a steel "tray" that measures 20" x 60" that mounts right into your hitch receiver, and you can order it for either a 1-1/4" or a 2" receiver. Just strap a deer on that thing and you're ready to go. From what I can tell, you can order a hitch for just about any make of car you might own.

Hope this helps some people.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I worked for John Deere, they provided a car, but I still had a truck...Now I work for myself, I still drive a truck...Need something to pull my 4-wheeler trailer and bass boat...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted 2 seasons in a 73 beetle it was ok for most of the places skinny tires and all . Not a practical solution really . For the just one solution I'd go with a 4 door ute like an Explorer or Trail Blazer or with a compact truck in 4x4 with a back seat club or crew cab . With a tool box the p'up will cover all the basic needs.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

25 years ago I hunted with my special edition Trans Am. Got some looks, esp. when I had a buck strapped to the trunk deck. Hey you use what you got. I now onlyuse a 4x4 for am going deeper into the bush and weather up here is at times very unpredictable. The important thing is getting out there, no matter what you have to use to get there.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM

i had a little mazda proteege, which i put a few deer in the truck of. but i wouldnt do it if your car was somewhat nice or new, i would think the smell of death might be hard to rid of. but now i have a 05' trailblazer which i have one of those little racks that attaches to the hitch so i can haul deer on there. i also have a trailer for my 4 wheeler which i could also use, but its much easier jus taking the little rack.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 PM

in the truck * of, not truck lol
Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

F150 4x4 Supercrew for me!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt out of my cavalier most of the time and just call a friend when I down a deer.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

When my dad was young, he hunted in a VW Bug.
Man Dude, I laughed when he told ,e that one..
But apparently these cars can take a beating and cause of their size and adjility ,go just about any where..
It help alot that the weight was in the back end as well, he just rerouted his exaust so that it would be above the water line in case he had big puddles to go through..
But he said often the car ( cause of the light weight) would just float over..
I personally use a toyota landcruiserr, and I know of a few people that use those Suzukis.

Quick Reply: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.