Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time? >

Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

Old 01-16-2002, 07:01 PM

Default Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

If you have ever killed 2 deer at one time please tell me how you did it?

bryant hornsby
Old 01-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

The closest I have come is shooting two bucks (6 pt and an 8 pt)which were together. The fell 8 yards a part. This was on Anticosti Island and I had two tags.

. . . Rob
Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 PM

I assume you mean with one shot. Right?

My son did that last year. Several deer ran across a soy bean stubble field, and stopped just before entering a woodlot. He shot a big doe that stopped to look at him, and did not know that a smaller doe was right behind her. It was ok tho, because two deer were permitted, and he had not yet killed one.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:50 PM

Yea i mean with one shot sorry.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:39 PM

My dad killed 2 8pts with one slug..about 60 yds, and dropped them both right on top of each other...it was cool, it was my first year hunting too...
Old 01-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO I HAVEN'T BUT I KNOW A GUY WHO HAS DONE IT, AND I KNOW A NOTHER GUY WHO HAS SHOT 2 TURKEYS WITH ONE SHOT, GOOD THING IS HE HAD TWO TAGS FOR THEM.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:54 PM

.35 Rem., 200 gr bullet. Classic "behind the shoulder" shot on large doe at @ 60 yds. Didn't even know the second deer was there, @ 5 yds further, until I came down out of recoil and saw two white bellies. Bullet exited first deer's ribs, hit 2nd low in throat, broke spine. Luckily, another hunter nearby was willing to tag 2nd.

Know of at least 2 friends who killed two deer with one shot.One killed two wild hogs with one shot.

But the wierdest of all-- special muzzleloader hunt on State Wildlife Lands. Friend shot doe in neck at @ 20 yds. Dropped on spot. When he went to pick her up, found dead fawn beside her. Didn't want it to waste, brought both home. When cleaning fawn found that bullet never hit it. Died from a bone splinter from first deer, straight through heart!!
Old 01-17-2002, 02:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

No ,Its illegal to kill 2 deer in PA. without tagging the other one first,and before that the first deer had to be to your truck and years before that you were only aloud one deer a day and years before that you were only aloud 1 deer a year.So I always look real close ,so not to shoot 2 at a time.Things do happen though ,so there comes another ethical question.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

my unnamed friend rattled a buck he saw and it came running in and he shot it with an aroow and it ran ten yards and bedded down and then a five pointer walked up smelled the seven and then was met by another broadhead. it was the last day of bow season, so there was someone willing to tag the second.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:24 AM

I can't say I have ever done that and may not want to be in that situation here in Pa where it is not legal.

Quick Reply: Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.