Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

leaving letters on doors

Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Default RE: leaving letters on doors

good point. but what would be the scam? i guess u mean it would look like there was no effort put into it? im not sure how to see it. first, i see it as fine of course and a good way to cover alot of different homes with a little possibility of a hit. on other hand, i see it as too broad of an operation, not specific to each home (like knocking on doors). but again, after considering both of these, i again want to do it because if none reply, what have i lost? if one replies, just one out of 50, then i may have scored ya know...? I defintely see what u mean but once i start thinking ""what can i lose, i only need 1" i again think its a good idea. lol. im not sure what to do.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

yea what he said
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 AM

ok, i see wut u guys are saying, aNd maybe it would be a waste of my time to send letters that wont be returned, i was jus thinking what can i lose. but why waste my time. im going to get up nice and early this sat. and go hit every farm until i get a big fat ol YES. thanks for all the help, help me god this weekend im going to find some hunting land, even if i have to start at 8am and knock til 7pm. i cant wait til sat. now lol.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:06 AM

I would say forget the letter deal. Go talk to them face to face.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Show up in your work cloths and a cooler full of asorted beverges and offer to help , that would put you on my good side.

[/align]
Old 07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

While you're sitting at work writing letters to drop off on their front porch, I'm at the grocery store buying pies and donuts to be delivered in person while I ask for permission. Best of luck.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

IF you do decide to write the notes please don't use the spelling patterns that you use on here. I know it's a culture thing for younger folks to short-cut spelling andnot pay much attention to grammar or punctuation, but I doubt that sort of thing would go over well with anyone you're trying to impress and allow you permission to use their land.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM

navy- i defintely wouldnt. like u said, its just faster. i can do the same thing with my language. with my friends, i use slang and words to highten my meaning or quicken the sentence, but when i speak to one of my college professors, land owner, adult or whatever im extremely well-spoken. same as here, its just easier for me to do it this way instead of acting like im in english class.

When I need to impress a person or sound professional, Icombine extremely well-chosen wordswith appropriate grammar. I don't use abbreviations, or slang, and I try to show my intelligence through my dialect. I just believe there is an appropriate time for each type of "language". If I wrote a letter to a landowner, I think you can guess which type I would utilize. Three years of college has taught me both effective and ineffective waysof approaching a person and, depending on the formality of the situation, I believedifferent dialogue can be useful in different situations.

See the difference? lol, thanks for the advise tho, u do make a good point