Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

will bucks stay around

Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 PM

Default will bucks stay around

i live in ohio. i have access to 100 acres of farm land. it hasnt been hunted in 2 years. if i kill the farmers groundhogs i get to hunt deer. i set um mt cam. i have alot of buck pics.im staying out of the woods. but if out shooting groundhogs will the deer leave. thank you.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: will bucks stay around

No.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:31 PM

no i dont think so i know a guy that killer 4 or 5 bucks right behind a shooting rage
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope deer wont go anywhere. We shoot prob 1000+ rounds a year at my deer camp at our range and theres always deer running around. They get used to it.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with everyone else to a certain point. If this land hasn't been hunted in two years then there are probably a few bucks who are on that property just for that reason. Those would be your older more mature and probably "bigger" deer.

This early in the season I don't think it would bother them, but I would stop shooting a good monthor more before deer season.

These other guys are talking about places that have probably been there for a while. So yes, now the deer are used to it. But i am sure that when those ranges first opened and this and that...that it pushed deer.

Its like a little tract of land that I have. It hadn't been hunted in over 20yrs when I started hunting it. it didn't take long for the deer to notice me there. It didn't stop them from coming in, but they knew something wasn't "normal". Think about this...if you came home one night and someone rearranged your living room. Would you notice it?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

no