Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What are you doing to help our cause????? >

What are you doing to help our cause?????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are you doing to help our cause?????

Old 12-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What are you doing to help our cause?????

I was just wondering what organizations you folks belong to in order to promote our sport of hunting. We as hunters are in the minority which represents 10% of the population, the other 10% are the anti's and the remaining 80 % are undecided. If your not supporting our cause it will certainly be lost and taken away and I was just wondering what each is doing about protecting our rights, I would also like some imput from some of the folks who have been on here a while. I myself am a member of 1) NRA
2) Montana Bow Hunters Assiociaton
3) North American Hunting Club
4) Certifified Montana Bow hunter instructor
5) Buckmasters member
6) Tabacco Valley Rod and gun club

If your not going to support our cause folks its going to be gone, So what are you doing?
Old 12-23-2002, 09:24 AM

Default RE: What are you doing to help our cause?????

It's good that people can belong to clubs and all the other stuff out there, But also remember that when you buy a lic. and hunt according to your laws that also helps. There is nothing worse then reading the morning paper and seeing that someone was poaching, or was being unsafe with a weapon. Also anybody thats on this site is helping every time they make a post. When you belong to a club thats great, but you're only talking with other hunters and people that already believe in our cause. I think the best thing that we as hunter can do is talk about our "sport" positively, and try to show people that we are not a bunch of backwoods idiots. I love nothing more then to talk with someone that isn't sure about hunters, or just plain guns.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Local conservation clubs are the best. I think the big national clubs ae too much big business.

Old 12-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I donate a lot of venison to the hungry. If I get a doe in muzzleloader season I will donate my entire deer to the hungry. I don't know how anyone can be opposed to that. I think if more non-hunters were aware of our venison donation programs they would hold us in a much higher esteem.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 12-23-2002, 11:19 AM

I don't belong to any club.....I don't particularly care to....I buy a hunting license every year along with a national forest stamp, if I hunt national forest a time or not(but usually I do, since one of my best spots is on national forest).....I feel that buying a license and hunting ethically and taking no more than my limit....I'm doing what I'm supposed to do..I do make a habit of donating at least one deer a year to hunters for the hungry...I don't belong to the NRA, NWTF, Buckmasters, whatever.....not knocking anyone who does, but each have issues and standpoints that I don't agree with....does that make me less a hunter? I don't think it does.

In our line of work, we must be able to play Dixie and the Battle Hym of the Republic, With Equal Enthusiasm.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-24-2002, 08:45 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with DG on this......I feel that abiding by the laws...purchase of hunting license, and taking a neighborhood kid squirrel hunting or something to help get them interested.....then I'm doing my part...

In our line of work, we must be able to play Dixie and the Battle Hym of the Republic, With Equal Enthusiasm.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:29 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-25-2002, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friend and myself sponsor a Hunters Education Course each year, member of National Wild Turkey Association, Quality Deer Management Association, our hunting club sponsors a conservation officer appreciation day, and we donate a lot of deer to families. I don't think nationally the percentage of hunters is 10%, according to the officer presenting our hunters education course it is around 3%+-.

Old 12-25-2002, 08:46 PM
usa
Fork Horn

If I understand the stat's correctly, 10% are in favor of hunting and 10% oppose hunting, the rest are undecieded. As far as where the money goe's with hunting organization's it's a moot point,irrespective of what part of the money is actually used to defend us , they at least are keeping hunting alive in the mind's of media viewer's, just buying a license does'nt give you any assurence where it's being spent. Most fish and game dept's have little to say about where your hunting dollar's go.Hunting and golf strangely enough are on the decline in the u.s., most people believe it's because the old time die hard hunter's are dying off and not being replaced by today's video game loving youth's.We are a soft society with a 7/11 on every other corner. As a former master instructor I've taught many people over the year's and too many of them had a very short attention span and lacked dedication to the sport, that's why we need frontline troop's in any form trying to keep them interested. Those of you who believe that just buying a license is doing your part are in for a surprise in a few short year's. Then it will be too late to save our hunting right's. I heard a guy complaining at a gun show last week about some new restrictive law's, one of the vendor's said to him, the sad thing mister is when they come to take your gun's you will give them up without a fight,the guy answered, well.. I don't want any trouble with the law ! For every dedicated hunter there are at least 100 time's as many who could care less as long as it does'nt affect them today, let tomorrow be someone else's problem, Remember the jew's in concentration camp's outnumbered there captor's 100's to one, yet they stood in line dutifully to be gassed probably thinking , well... surely the line will stop before it get's to me! sorry for the longwinded post, usahunter

2-Gun