Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught >

Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught

Old 12-17-2002, 07:56 AM

Default Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught

Pair of Arkansas men arrested in illegal hunt, meth making
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DES MOINES, Iowa — Two Arkansas men face charges of illegal hunting after a deer was shot in November within city limits near the Des Moines International Airport.
Shane B. Fryar and David A. Donahoe, both of Berryville, were being held Monday on $160,000 bond each at the Polk County jail. No trial date was set.
The men were charged with illegally taking deer, having a loaded gun in a motor vehicle and shooting from a road. Other charges included illegal use of a mobile transmitter and conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine.
Craig Lonneman, a Department of Natural Resources conservation officer for Polk County, said officers recovered seven deer shot in the area.
"Some of these animals were some of the larger antlered deer in the metro area," Lonneman said.
A farmer called Nov. 23 about a suspicious vehicle parked where authorities had recently received several illegal hunting complaints, Lonneman said.
Conservation officers and police recovered an eight-point buck shot near the Great Western Trail. In the men’s motel room, police found substances used to make meth and photos of the men posing with several large antlered deer.
The two worked for an Illinois company, where they tore out presses at the RR Donnelly printing plant in Des Moines, said Lon Lindenberg, a Department of Natural Resources spokesman.
Officers who searched the men’s work area at the plant seized two rifles, one shotgun, two bows, two freezers, five large deer racks, packages of meat and hunting equipment.
Lindenberg said more arrests could follow in other states.

Old 12-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught

I love to hear new like that,two more boneheads out of the woods.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2002, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Looks Like Two Idiot Poachers Caught

Kgkoon,

Thanks for the article. I posted a similar post after I heard the news on my local TV station this AM. The Iowa DNR got it right this time. I have bashed them on the post in the past. Its a shame that these guys are doing what they are. Hopefully they will get put away.

I noticed that they were from Berryville Ark. That is a shame becaus eI know there a good people in that area. I travel to that part every year at the beginning of the gun season.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]