Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Saint to the helpless and anybody else.. >

Saint to the helpless and anybody else..

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Saint to the helpless and anybody else..

Old 12-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Saint to the helpless and anybody else..

My name is Tony Plumber AKA FirstBow. We welcome all opinions here. And will try to answer all the questions we can.
So to help you along and anybody that doesn't understand try this...

Some people have asked why I must hunt with the objective of killing the quarry. Why, they wonder, can't I just walk in the woods with a camera and record my encounters with wildlife on film? The answer is simple my friend! To do so is not hunting. A photographer is an observer, a hunter is a participant in the life of outdoor drama. I firmly believe that those of us who chose to hunt are prederators. Let us make no excuses for that definition. Our prehistoric ancestors hunted, and so we follow those traditions. In my view "the chase" is an essential part of my very being, whether its tracking a 10 pointer in powder snow or listening to my teeth chatter in a blind waiting for a flock of geese to drop in on my decoys. Nothing dies easily in the woods. Animals perish, with or without my help. Most of them die violently and painfully, perhaps in the talons of a hawk, in the jaws of a coyote or as a victim of starvation or disease. My kill is quick and humane. Make no mistake, hunting by humans is natural. Man has always hunted. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.
I don't rationalize my LOVE of hunting by saying I'm a " wildife management tool" essential to keep some animal population trimmed, nor do I hunt because my money funds wildlife agencies that ensure the propagation of all creatures, be they endangered or legal game. Yes, hunting and the dollars generated by fees and such are helpful to wildlife, but first I LOVE every aspect of hunting with every cell of my body for all the reasons I have just tried to explain! My attempts at explaining it are merely words that mean nothing to those who have never hunted.
If you are a hunter, then you KNOW. We're a fraternity, very definitely in the minority, a collection of people with a never ending LOVE of everything the OUTDOORS offers. We are maligned, cursed at and spat upon. Everyday people try to outlaw our sport. Those souls have NO CLUE what we feel.
I hunt because I exist. And I am, above all,
PROUD TO BE A HUNTER!!
>>>===========================FirstBow=== =======================>

Old 12-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Saint to the helpless and anybody else..

Amen FirstBow, we're in ther same boat. It is our God given right to hunt..

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 12-16-2002, 10:25 AM

Well put!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said, Tony.

There are many reasons people hunt, but I agree that for me it is the thrill of matching wits with animals who have incredible senses and physical abilities that are well beyond my own. Harvesting any of these wonderful creatures is, in my opinion, truly an accomplishment when they are pursued fairly and legally.

I wonder if "Saint to the Helpless" really wants to know why we hunt, or if he is just making waves. Hey Helpless, if you are not trying to be constructive here, then please leave. This is a forum for hunters and people who understand us.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2002, 09:09 PM

Firstbow,

I really appreciate your words! I can very much relate to you how you and other fellow hunters feel.

It a passion!

The mystery of walking into the woods on a cool dark morning.

The alure of the sounds all around you.

The anticipation of the success from your pre-scouting and sents afield.

The adrenaline surge that courses through your body when you simply feel the deer, the excitement you experience when you hear the hooves lightly scraping the leaves.

The tremble of your hands and the racing of your heart when you hear the sound of a grunt, the clatter of antlers or the spactacular sight of a deer placing it's self into view.

You take a breath and antisipate your next move should you move know, or should I wait. Your eye pool with water as you start to place selected weapon to harvest game.

Finally a good shot, but so quickly it moves and you loose your target, it runs twards another deer further out of range!

You trun your bleat can to grab the attention of the buck, and it works, he quickly turns to look and starts to move swiftly back twards you.

Now! your heart is running out of control.... The deer notices your outline in the trees as he has just sented you and stops just for a moment as he stomps the ground!

You know that it now or not at all, you take the safty off as he blows, you can hardly hold your breath any longer.

Your shoot rings out and the deer takes off only to drop in his tracks!

Now, that's just how I felt and just how it happened. Every hunt is different, and the preperations are just as exciting. Hunting for me is a complete passion, I live for it whether I harvest a deer or not.

It's in my blood and I thrive on being able to prepare for my hunt and hunt my game.

Thanks again Firstbow for the your thought, kinda brought some of mine out to share.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amen Tony, that was beautiful!!I'm going to have to try and print that one.

Hunting is not a sport,it's a lifestyle.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have not seen another post by Saint to the helpless.
I hope he/she sort of felt how I feel also. Not just him/herself.
Its not just the kill. Its all of what nature has to offer. Its the feel, smell, sound and sight. Its the sun and the moon. Its the wind, rain and snow. All added in. Its Nature and its ME.
Go ahead take it all in.
FirstBow

Old 02-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

just bumping this one up as not let us forget.