Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 The Whitetail Hunter's Ultimate IQ Test >

The Whitetail Hunter's Ultimate IQ Test

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Whitetail Hunter's Ultimate IQ Test

Old 04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Whitetail Hunter's Ultimate IQ Test

ORIGINAL: MO_Hoyt

you just proved you have no idea on how to kill a deer.
neck shots under 100 yards? dumb and immature...anything further you aim for the shoulder? if you hit the shoulder you ruin meat! aim for the lungs. blow out both lungs = no tracking deer! andyou dont ruin theback strap and all the quarters.
for rifle hunting whitetails, i think it dumb to shoot anything less than a .270
i have hillbilly neighbors who uses a .22mag fordeer hunting, but why take that stupid chance?
Apparently you have no clue as to how much meat there actually is on a whitetail. A little shoulder isn't going to make you starve! I don't want to track deer in thick woods here in TN, and I also don't want them jumping into the river!

I don't care if you can't hit a bullseye at 100 yards, but if I can, I will, just don't suppose everyone's disabled just because you are.

P.S. Saying that only a .270 and above is all you can use is clearly one of the stupidest things I have ever heard! Are you saying that the 25-06 Remington, the .257 Weatherby, and the .260 Remington are squirrel guns, and aren't capable of killing deer ethically? Apparently, you are,so you just called all hunters ages 9 and under that they are unethical? That's a bunch of baloney.You don't know how to kill deer with a .22 Hornet, don't try it, I don't either, but others have been doing it all their lives, and can, and will take down a deer ethically.

I agree with MIKECC, let's us both drop this.