Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Clothes

Old 03-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Hunting Clothes

Hey since its tax season and i'm getting my tax return back i decided to buy my slug barrel and buy some hunting clothes for december when deer season rolls around. What would you guys recommend? i'm lookin for everything, jackets,shirts, pants, boots, gloves. I don't want to break the bank but i don't want the cheapest either.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting Clothes

Sportsman's Guide
Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 AM

I would suggest that you take a look at walmart, and any ofthe big box stores in your are, like cabelas, sportmans warehouse, gander and bass pro shop, as they tend to have out of season deals on things like clothing.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Rubber swamp boots.
2. Thin layer of wool (pants/shirt).
3. Cover-all's.
4. Good wool hat.
5. Two pair of gloves (one thin light pair, probably thinsulate and a thick warm pair, probably wool).
6. Suspenders (belts cut off circulation/heat).
7. Good warm scarf, or hood.
8. Good pair of socks on your feet, another good pair in your pack.
9. Survival kit.
10. Good pack, to put your stuff in.
11. Poncho

Good luck,
KP
Old 03-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gray Wolf Woolens - The last stuff you'll buy.....
Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its kinda tough not knowing where you live, or the style of hunting you do...

I'll let you know what I like of my hunting clothes...

1) Good boots...I used LL Beans for years, until I kept turning my ankles (weak) I now use Rockys...they are leather which aren't the best for scent control but I haven't turned my ankle in 3 years of using and because they have Thinsulate they are warmer than the unlined rubber bottom Beans that I used to use...Add 6-7 pairs of good wool socks and your feet are happy.

2) Good long underwear...I buy Durafold I believe its called from LL Bean...not the most expensive, but fine for our winters here in NC...

3) I buy Walls shirts, pants, camo bib coveralls both in insulated and non insulated...I tried cheaper (Redhead)...waste of money (no crotch room), bad for sitting on a deer stand...Also buy the shirts one size larger than normal, for layering...

4) Over my long underwear and under my camo Walls cotten shirt I wear a hooded sweatshirt....Keeps the neck warm and hood can be pulled up for more warmth and protection....

5) I like a good down vest...When it gets cold (below 32 here in NC) I can't hardly wear enough to stay warm, a vest really helps...Mine was actually pretty cheap (less than $50) at Gander Mountain...

6) A Thermacell...for bow hunting and the skeeters....

7) Primos bow vest...Takes the place of a backpack or fanny pack (even during gun season)...makes it easier to carry your deer stand on your back, and if you ML hunt with an inline, enough pockets to carry quick loads in.

8) Not really clothing but if you have money left over, a good pair of binoculars...I used a small pair of Bushnells for 20 years or so...Bought a pair of Nickon Monarch 8x42s a few years ago and have really enjoyed them...I use Leupold scopes and realized that I spend more time using binos than a scope, why not buy a better than average pair...

Good luck...

Old 03-22-2007, 05:02 PM

I'll be hunting in Ohio. Second i can't afford a good deer stand this year so i have a feeling i'll be stalking, sitting, calling etc. I already have a pair of really good Bushnell binoculars. I never realized how much i have to buy lol, this huntin thing is expensive lol. Thanks for all the suggestions. As it gets closer to deer season i'll be asking what kind of sabot slugs to buy and what kind of calls to buy so you'll be hearing from me
Old 03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

River West. clothing. Nothing else to say. You woun't need anything else. 100% waterproof They stand behind their procduct for 10 years. If they leek send them back
Old 03-24-2007, 02:49 PM

I prefer the browning clothes. They are expensive, but will last if you take proper care of them.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you hunt where it get's real cold, you can't go wrong with coveralls. if it's slightly warmer where you hunt, getcha some overalls and a thin long sleeved shirt. the camo patter is going to vary due to the type of terrain you are hunting.

Quick Reply: Hunting Clothes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.