Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many would tag their deer if it was diseased? >

How many would tag their deer if it was diseased?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
No
27.78%
Yes
72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

How many would tag their deer if it was diseased?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Default How many would tag their deer if it was diseased?

Your allowed to gut your deer before you tag it. When you opened it, It was spoiled and noneatable. Who would tag that deer just todrag itout of the woods to find a GC to give you a new tag?

You only had one tag and 3 days left to hunt. How many would tag it with their un-used deer tag and run off to search for a GC to replace it for you with the deer in tow?

Post a reply to your answer please.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many would tag their deer if it was diseased?

In Pa you tag your deer firstbefore doing anything else.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tag it and then take it to the nearest CO branch to let them to deceide if a replacement tag can be issued.Why?? Well here 2 options reallly:
#1 Tag and report to the CO's
#2 Walk away

#1 is legal and #2 is illegal. For me nottough desicion!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank goodness!.
i was worried one thread just wasnt enough for the same old arguments thrown around over and over. thanks for starting a new one!

*EDIT*
i didnt realize the original thread was in the NE forum, not here. I appologize for that.
but that really doesnt change the reason you came over here to start a whole new thread with the same old crap being said from both sides.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tag immediatly in Ontario, I imagine its the same where you are.
Up in Northern Quebec my uncle shot a caribou with a festering wound, he lost nearly a whole hind quarter, there was never a thought of ditching it to shoot another, thats poaching.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: tschaef

Tag immediatly in Ontario, I imagine its the same where you are.
Up in Northern Quebec my uncle shot a caribou with a festering wound, he lost nearly a whole hind quarter, there was never a thought of ditching it to shoot another, thats poaching.
No law here except, You must tag it before you move it. So you can gut it first then tag it.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hung_Bear

Your allowed to gut your deer before you tag it. When you opened it, It was spoiled and noneatable. Who would tag that deer just todrag itout of the woods to find a GC to give you a new tag?

You only had one tag and 3 days left to hunt. How many would tag it with their un-used deer tag and run off to search for a GC to replace it for you with the deer in tow?

Post a reply to your answer please.
Well that's a nice little fantasy you got there. But typically ethical, law-abidinghunters .......
1. shoot their deer
2. tag their deer
3. gut their deer

The fantasy part comes in where you shoot a deer, then get to go over it and decide if it is diseased or not (or up to your standards) and then decide if it is worthy of your tag.

That is just not how things work. Sorry - if it is diseased.........how are you gonna know looking at it? Got some little test kit or something you carry afield withyou. Very, very, very few will know by gutting it either. So it's going to be tagged.

Actually................WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS QUESTION?

Maybe it would be better to post with one of the psychic network sites.

In my world, we shoot our deer and tag them immediately afterward. If for some reason, we feel the deer is sick or something, we then just don't eat it.

POINT? [&o]
Old 03-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i kill it, i check it in (tag it). here in Florida we check our deer in, we're not issued tags.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

you kill it you tag it.......
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Gotta tag it, its illegal and unethical if you do not. Bad luck, but part of the game. They have nailed several guys here for wanton waste, not really poaching as you have a tag... but instead cherry pick what you want (rack, head, tenderloins), then leave the rest for the yotes. They come down hard on these people, even if they had a tag...

Never understood those people. If you hunt, and kill but do not want the meat then give it to someone or donate it for meat. It is senseless to harvest an animal and not utilize it.

I used to fish, and duck hunt as a teen. never really got into the ducks and gave them to the family down the road that was poor (had like 13 kids!). I got to shoot, and the ducks went to a family with children that NEEDED them more than me. In return, every so often their mother would send us down some homemade pies.

Quick Reply: How many would tag their deer if it was diseased?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.