Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer? >

What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Long range hunting! *VIDEO*
Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

The most impressive shots I've ever seen on deer have been 12 to 15 yard broadside shots with a broadhead tipped arrow. When the deer runs less than 30 yards and falls over, dead. That's impressive![:-]
Old 03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

the one that killed
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM

I love how these guys scream that Jim Zumbo is killing the sport by what he said yet they tear into other hunters constantly on how they hunt. Whats more damaging to the sport of hunting, one person making a damaging remark or many people making damaging remarks? If you can shoot from 800 yards away then go ahead, if you liek to stalk your animals go ahead. Quit with the nasty comments about ways people hunt. Maybe we shouldn't shoot animals from 100 yards either, i'm sure there are plenty of cases where people have hit the dear in a non-vital spot.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM

A 70 yard shot (bow) out of a ground blind at a running black buck doe. Wish it was might shot but it wasn't I was going to pick up my buddy and was coming down the road saw the doe running then started just tumbling and came to a stop would'nt have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

While I am not a fan of hail mary type shots, I did"see" a pretty impressive shot by a guy. I was walking thru the woods headed over to another area. I spooked up some deer and the came bolting out across this large field. I heard 1 shot. I came out to the field to see the fellow not even to the deer yet. We both walk up to the deer and the snow revealed everything. He hit this thing perfect in the shoulder and crumpled her on a dead run. She musta slid 5-7 yds before stopping. he pointed to where he was standing which was about 175 yds away.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first shot was mine. It was my first year of hunting. I used a remington 870 20 gauge. A spike came along the trail my dad and I were set up on and stopped 2 1/2 feet away and started eating. I thought the click of the safety was going to spook it.
The second shot I witnessed happened this past season. I took my cousin out for the youth season and he shot a 5 pointer in the jugular with my muzzleloader. It dropped crawled ten yards and bled out all in about 4 seconds. The trail was about 3 feet wide and solid the whole way. I included the picture.

But by far the best shot was shotgun deer season in southern iowa. The guy whos land we were hunting on saw a doe running straight away 300 yards away. He took his shotgun "aimed" from the hip with his shotgun. Pulled the trigger and the doe disappeared. It was shot in the back of the head.
P.S.I try to stay on his good side.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

I gotta call BS on alotta these... but who am i to judge...

My dad on a doe when I was about 11.... 2 ears sticking up in the fork of a live oak tree. 275+ yards away. He purposely waited untill I saw the deer before shooting....
And yes that is exactly where he meant to hit it, in one ear through the brain and out the other ear. .308 Remington 788, 150gr Remington Corelokt

2nd, Dad once again, 3 shots, 3 deer(2 bucks and a doe), 3 different hillsides, 15 seconds(at most), all over 250 yds. Same rifle.

3rd best, My dad again, 10 point buck, some 400+ yds away. Same rifle, bang flop, right through the boiler room.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

10 pt. 150 yards, off hand. I could only see the back of his head (due to him being ina CRP field). Hit him behind the ear & exited between his eyes.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

"hip shot" = jerk

Quick Reply: What's the most impressive shot you've ever seen on a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.