Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Something wrong here?

Old 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Something wrong here?

hey matters

the tail is curlied to keep his sack from draggin on the ground
Old 02-21-2007, 11:21 PM

I have seen this before just not that bad. The buck has a hernia.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

see what happens when you miss the rut
Old 02-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Seeing that makes me hurt!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres that unprotected sex thing again. No permit needed to carry one consealed in your wallet!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see how he could run![:@]
Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

What! So the deer likes to play football. Thats MY kind of deer right there.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations with your new Lab. I have one, too and love to hunt with her.
I used some of the techniques from this fellow Richard Wolters in his "Game Dog" book. He's written several good well selling books for Water Dogs, Retrievers, etc. I'm sure there are others. You may not do everything exactly like one of these trainers/authors does, but take the best and put to use.
http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-training-books-and-videos/dog-training-books/

The biggest challenge with my current Yellow Lab is to always have her paying attention to me, especially with ducks over decoys. She gets to excited before the first shot of the morning over decoys when it's still dark and 10 min. before shooting time with Teal and Grey duck dropping into the water, you can hear her teeth chattering.
Pheasant hunting I she works very well and I let her range from 1025 yards out most of the time, giving her a small whistle through my teeth (not loud) every little while and she knows to keep in close. I seldom have to use the electronic collar, except if we're getting close to an area we just don't want the dog in (e.g. thin ice on sloughs in Dec. Pheasant season). They have a heart to go out and get that bird, especially swimming. It's amazing to see them work.
Good luck with your dog.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 PM

Seen a pic of it before.
Has to be a drag in the snow .
At least 2 below every day ???
Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

Congratulations with your new Lab. I have one, too and love to hunt with her.
I used some of the techniques from this fellow Richard Wolters in his "Game Dog" book. He's written several good well selling books for Water Dogs, Retrievers, etc. I'm sure there are others. You may not do everything exactly like one of these trainers/authors does, but take the best and put to use.
http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-training-books-and-videos/dog-training-books/

The biggest challenge with my current Yellow Lab is to always have her paying attention to me, especially with ducks over decoys. She gets to excited before the first shot of the morning over decoys when it's still dark and 10 min. before shooting time with Teal and Grey duck dropping into the water, you can hear her teeth chattering.
Pheasant hunting I she works very well and I let her range from 1025 yards out most of the time, giving her a small whistle through my teeth (not loud) every little while and she knows to keep in close. I seldom have to use the electronic collar, except if we're getting close to an area we just don't want the dog in (e.g. thin ice on sloughs in Dec. Pheasant season). They have a heart to go out and get that bird, especially swimming. It's amazing to see them work.
Good luck with your dog.

HMMMMmmmmmmmmm.............looks like this is what happens when someone has too many windows open.

Quick Reply: Something wrong here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.