Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hows it going in Iowa?

Old 12-07-2002, 03:24 PM

Default hows it going in Iowa?

well today is the fist day in iowa and just wondering if it has been a good day in iowa. i didnt have too much luck. almost hit one coming home. thanks NYH.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:53 AM

Default RE: hows it going in Iowa?

Lots of deer and lot of hunters pushing deer this weekend- I was out Sat all day seen 30-40 deer all at a distance. Many of these deer were being pushed from near by farms.

Look in small areas that may be ignored by hunters pushing, like small 2-3 acre strips I jumped two nice bucks in very little cover after dark on my way out.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2002, 05:12 PM

I just got back from Gravity / Bedford Iowa area. Like someone else said already, lots of deer that's for sure. Sat in the stand all day Saturday and seen one forker and 10-20 doe. Sunday morning was a little colder. Sat in stand till 9:30 and then headed for the car for heat and a quick bite to eat. While walking back to my stand from a different direction, I managed to kick up a doe and mr buck. I dropped my pepsi and pointed my benelli some how got off a 80 broadside shot. Double lunged it and it was down 40 yards later. I spent a lot of time keeping my cloths clean and sent free. I shower and deodorized with all sent eliminating type products. I could have smelled like a hog and had the same results....go figure! This guy looked like he'd been to a "Toughman Contest" and lost. He's got 9 points and 4 of them were broken right off. He also had patches of fur missing in a couple of places. The rack measures 17 across and 11 inch g1 time. He was one long critter, had to lay him kitty corner in the pickup to get him home. All in all, a good weekend if I may say so. Good luck to you Iowa hunters!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:12 PM

I just got back from Gravity / Bedford Iowa area. Like someone else said already, lots of deer that's for sure. Sat in the stand all day Saturday and seen one forker and 10-20 doe. Sunday morning was a little colder. Sat in stand till 9:30 and then headed for the car for heat and a quick bite to eat. While walking back to my stand from a different direction, I managed to kick up a doe and mr buck. I dropped my pepsi and pointed my benelli some how got off a 80 broadside shot. Double lunged it and it was down 40 yards later. I spent a lot of time keeping my cloths clean and sent free. I shower and deodorized with all sent eliminating type products. I could have smelled like a hog and had the same results....go figure! This guy looked like he'd been to a "Toughman Contest" and lost. He's got 9 points and 4 of them were broken right off. He also had patches of fur missing in a couple of places. The rack measures 17 across and 11 inch g1 time. He was one long critter, had to lay him kitty corner in the pickup to get him home. All in all, a good weekend if I may say so. Good luck to you Iowa hunters!!!!