Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen No Trespass signs

Old 02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stolen No Trespass signs

I have heard rumor that here in Michigan they are going to go to a single purple paint stripe on trees as a no trespassing sign. They get stolen around here all the time, so much for the "if it's not nailed down they'll take it" motto. I like the paint on trees and post idea with publications through the DNR and other Michigan law agencies. A end to sign stealers and a beginning for the purple paint industry LOL.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 PM
bigcountry

I hate to admit this, but when I was a kid, around 13 or so, friends and I would take down no tresspassing signs thinking that would cover us if we were caught playing in peoples woods. I should have been horse whipped, but hey I was 13.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:30 PM

I would be very pissed also
Old 02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

That sad huh? That happened to a few of mine, so I got the kind that you write the club name on, (advise: don't write your tel. #, crank calls) and then after putting them up put some wet tar on the back sides. They don't really want to mess with the mess!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

put them back up, and hide a game cam nearby
RR
Bingo! Instant loss of game, too.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

just buy a couple rolls of the paper signs and update them every year.

gives ya a reason to walk in the woods.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:04 AM

i used to find trashy people on my dads land all the time, our woods bordered a trailerpark that served the town as the low income houseing area, and they would tear up the land leave trash every where and would down right try to attach us if we confronted them about it. I called the cops on it several times, just got worse. they guys that got cought just came back more probably as f*** you kind of thing.
we finally got my dad to let us put up a big tall permanent fence, hasnt happened ever again.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 AM

"I like the ones that at least say "No... without permission from the landowner" and they give you the person's name and phone number on it we can call. We can live with that."

Not required in OK. Folks will just have to live with that.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

Went to my land today and someone has stolen all of my metal No Trespassing signs.I feel violated. That is low![:@]Sorry had to vent!

Try using some anti-theft fasteners. You might have to get your local hardware store to special order them. If you screwed them into wood you could screw them up and take a file and file the heads downso no screwdriver would work. Or if you used nuts and bolts take a punch and hammer and beat the threads up on the back side of the bolts. A thief gennerallywon't take too much time to steal things, at least I'm sure they wouldn't on your signs. Andwhen your ready to replace them it won't really matter how bad you tear them up, their no good anymore.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

i have plenty of stolen signs.......you looking to buy some ?
Just kiddin ya.

Quick Reply: Stolen No Trespass signs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.