Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FOUND MY MUZZLELOADER BUCK

Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FOUND MY MUZZLELOADER BUCK

Sorry you lost him, but glad you found him. It's nice to get closure. He's a dandy.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

cttgarcia03

titleAndStar(20,0,false,false,"","")
Fawn

[align=center][/align]
Need some advice from my fellow hunters. Yesterday was the final day of the first shotgun season in illinois. At about 3:30pm I had a 130 class 8 pointer come out into the field on me. He was originally at 200 yards. I am using a .50 cal muzzleloader with a 3x9 scope. When he got to about 150 yards I knew he was not going to get any closer, I grunted to stop him and took the shot. He almost instantly jumped up in the air and bucked like a horse. I of course got excited because I thought I had nailed him. I tried to gather some composure and got down to start trailing him before it got dark. Upon coming to the area which I had shot him I could find no blood. I continued looking all over looking for blood and walked in the direction he ran but still found nothing. I guess my question is, Did I in fact hit him since he did the famous mule kick or did I miss him??????? I can't get back up to our place until this weekend to look forhim and if I hit him then I definitely want to go or am I just looking for a dead deer that doesn't exist? Please help me get this bad boy out of my head! Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

So let me get this straight.

You shot this deer on Sunday, made the post above on Monday (From a place other than where you were hunting???), then waited until the following weekend to go look for it?

Hmmmmmmmm
Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM

I don't know too many hunters who would be bummed out that they found their deer even though it has been 2 and a half months since he was shot.Regardlesseven if itwas a buck or a doe, just knowing that it was not foundwould bother me a great deal. Believe me I was very upsetknowing that the meat had went to waste. I love the taste of backstraps just as much as the next hunter. I was even more bummed knowingthat not only was the meatgoing to waste but that thetrophy was also out there somewhere wasting away. To say you would leave the rack lay is crazy to myself and I'm sure many other hunters.I, along with many, enjoy shed hunting.I wouldn'tleave one of these antlerslay in the woods. Wouldyou? To find this trophy of mine meant a great deal to me and I am definitely glad not (bummed) that I have found him. Unfortunately the table fare went to feeding the coyotes and I am sorry for that.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 PM

Yes I made the post from somewhere other than where I was hunting. Sorry don't have internetin our deer cabin. I live an hour and a halfaway from where I hunt. I have a full time job working almost 60 hours a week. I had 2 guys who live near where I hunt looking for my deer every day after they got off work. On friday after I got off work,I went up to where I hunt and spent the whole weekend looking.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, was it the weekend after that you went to look for him?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

That clears a lot up, cause from what I had read it didn't sound like you searched until the following weekend. My appologies.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Glad you found him to bad you can't get him mounted.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad you did not find him them, but atleast you know that he not going tp spend the rest of his time in pain!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Good thing you found him!!! Well I still havent found a good eight I shot 11/9/06. I know I hit him good my cousin was beside me and saw through the binocs that it was a poerfect shot. We searched all of the woods but to no avail. There was good blood, but it stopped after 10 yards.He rpobably jumped fence. THe fence is about 80 yards form my feeder. I looked good and even looked this weekend as I was hog hunting.Wish I would find him, at least you did.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Great buck...congrats!!

Quick Reply: FOUND MY MUZZLELOADER BUCK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.