Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 most memorable hunting experience ?? >

most memorable hunting experience ??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

most memorable hunting experience ??

Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Default most memorable hunting experience ??

My most memorable hunting experience to date would be 3 years ago when i went deer hunting with my grandfather for the last time before he died. I didn't get anything that trip but spending quality time with my grandeewas payment enough.But my grandfather managed to go out with a bang as i like to say b/c he got a trophy blacktail 4x4 that was 19 inches wide and 18 tall. i hope i get something that big sometime in my lifetime.what is your most memorable hunting experience?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Default RE: most memorable hunting experience ??

Well I have many over the years. Trying to think which one stays out more that another.

I guess the one where a friend and his 17 yr old son Andrewcame on his first mule deer hunt up to my property. He didnt haveany experience but wanted to start an adventure in hunting. I told him he would see many deer and I would tell him when he had a shooter. Well we seen many deer and he was starting to wonder when I would let him shoot one. Yes there was some beauties but I knewthere is always a better one because I have seen so many of them.
Throught out the week his dad shot a moose and we had lots of laughs. Andrew said to me can I shoot one tomorrow and I finally said yes no matter what.We drove to one of my properties and there was 12 mule deer and I picked out the biggest ( I thought) and Andrew was aiming in a different direction by a few yards. Then he shot. I seen a deer run and fall.
Well the following Feb Andrew was killed in a car accident. I was shocked that this young man went so young. I will always remember that week we had and the deer he got. I am happy that I did something good in his short life and he is greatly missed.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 PM

Default RE: most memorable hunting experience ??

dont know what happen but here is the mule deer Andrew took