Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Old 01-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

ORIGINAL: Crew Dawg

I can't watch the video, but i would geuss with the 800+ yard shots. They are using a 50 BMG. There was an article in this months F&S about 50 cal long range hunting. This man and wife team where hunting elk with an LAR Grizzly single shot. The guys who shoot these long range matches are getting 6" groups at a 1000 yards or better. The best ever was a 2" three shot group at 1000 yards.
LOL!

Yeah they're shooting doe with a .50 BMG, good one. The deer would be ripped in half.

And I'm assuming none of you do long range shooting, 800 yards isn't that long. I can hit an 8" plate at 1,000 yards.

Also, I keep hearing alot of you say "what gun do they have?" I can't really tell but it's probably a Savage, 700, GAP, AI, etc. ANY Bolt Action can perform like that.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Predator26

ORIGINAL: Crew Dawg

I can't watch the video, but i would geuss with the 800+ yard shots. They are using a 50 BMG. There was an article in this months F&S about 50 cal long range hunting. This man and wife team where hunting elk with an LAR Grizzly single shot. The guys who shoot these long range matches are getting 6" groups at a 1000 yards or better. The best ever was a 2" three shot group at 1000 yards.
LOL!

Yeah they're shooting doe with a .50 BMG, good one. The deer would be ripped in half.

And I'm assuming none of you do long range shooting, 800 yards isn't that long. I can hit an 8" plate at 1,000 yards.

Also, I keep hearing alot of you say "what gun do they have?" I can't really tell but it's probably a Savage, 700, GAP, AI, etc. ANY Bolt Action can perform like that.
Judging by some of your other posts, I doubt everything you just said.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend I hope you are joking.800 yards is a long way out there. And I do practice that, I have a 6.5 X 284 just for that reason. I also have a 50 bmg and THAT is'nt what they are shooting. I can tell you from my experience that if you can hit a 8" circle at 800 yards ( consistently)you are better then 90% of the guys I shoot with ,hell maybe more then that. There are some off the self rifles that will do that but not very many.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kshunter

I wonder how many they missed and wounded, making that video.
IMO best reply to the post, then the replies went

d
o
w
n
h
i
l
l

from there.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

HHHOOOLLLYYYY MMMMOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THATS A LOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGG WAYS!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Do you guys think it would even be fun to hunt that far away ? I like to get up close and personal so the adrenoline starts pumping.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM

890 yards. Nice
Old 01-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard lots of people talking about its not hunting that far away and that its just shooting. Now, look at their setup. With all the huge rests and equipment, Does it really look like they are hunting NO they are just simply shooting at a semi moving target.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hutner06... My point and I think a number of others too is that my making these dramatic videos and hyping the shots they are making it sound like this is a normal thing for anyone and everyone to do. I don't care if "they" have the equipment and practice to "make" such shots. I do care that they influence people who have neither to try to take such shots and end up wounding animals that would have had a better probability had those same hunters focused on getting a more reasonable shot and kill.
If someones dumb enough to be influenced into thinking they can shoot like that from a video on the internet my personal opinion is they shouldnt be out shooting at animals anyway.Id have to put knowing your limitations right up there with safety as far as the most important aspects of hunting go.Im not that great of shot, I wont shoot at anything much over 100 yards and 98% of my kills with a bow and gun have been under 30 yards.On the other hand I can keep all my shots inside a 20 oz pop bottle out well past 100 yrds with my muzzleloader.A bow I practice at 40 and kep shots at animals under 20, I actually take the 40 yard pin off before season to eliminate the temptation.If someones got the equipment, time, and patience to become proficient at 800 yards theyve obviously shot enough rounds to know what theyre rifle and themselves are capable of.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:28 PM

It wouldn't play for me but it sounds like that guy needs to be over in Pakistan with Osama in his sights for a cool 25 million [8D]

Quick Reply: Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.