Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Old 01-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Kinda forces you to follow the wait 30 minutes before walking up on them rule!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 PM

what kind of gun are they useing for those shoots
Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

That's not long range hunting - it's just long range SHOOTING . 880 yards would be 1/2 mile . Apparently these guys aren't stealthful enough to get any closer than that ! Why bother with the rest to shoot from . Why not just sit in the truck and use the mirror for a rest .............Hunters ? ---- NOT !
Old 01-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Incredibly nice shooting.......
Farmland terrain isn't my is my type of hunting, but hey, to each there own.....
Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am impressed with their skill.
However I would be just as or more impressed if they where shooting a target and not an animal.

Not for me, I like to see the kill zone with the naked eye.
JMO.

Steve
Old 01-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how many they missed and wounded, making that video.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

That was definetly good shooting I admit, but as several mentioned above, it would take the fun out of the point of hunting. I don't think I would shot that far even if I believe I could make it safely
Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bobcat07

WOW now thats far. 890yds. Just wondering did I see the bullet as it was travelling towards thesecond deer?. Must have been a tracer? Now that I dont agree with.
no that wasn't a tracer. its the vapor trail created by the bullet. this shows that the weather was cool and of a high humidity. as the bullet travels through the air it rapidly condenses the water vapor making it possible to watch the path of the bullet especially at long ranges.

personally i think if you have the ability hunt in this way and put deer down cleanly i don't see a problem. i do have a problem with people who put down this type of hunting. some may say that its unethical or they're bad hunters because they "can't" get any closer. hunting at this range is just as hard as hunting within 100 yards of your deer. except they require different skills. within 100 yards you must take into account wind and gettingto your spot without leavingscent and such but the shooting ability doesn't necessarilly have to be all that high.at such a close range assuming your weapon is sighted in putting a deer down should be easy. atsuch a long distance you must be more disciplined in other aspects. you have to be much more of a marksmen to shoot atdistances such as this. some may think this is merely target shooting but to these people its hunting. furthermore i doubt most people have tried this type of hunting so it goes back to don't knock 'til you try it.

now let my flaming begin...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM

That isn't hunting, its simply long range shooting at a living target.

Quick Reply: Long range hunting! *VIDEO*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.