Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
? for API Climbing stand users >

? for API Climbing stand users

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

? for API Climbing stand users

Old 12-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? for API Climbing stand users

I got a great deal on an API Grand Slam Supreme climbing stand today but unfortunately the previous owner could not find the instructions. This stand was purchased last fall from Bass Pro Shops. My question is when you backpack the stand do you carry it cables up or cables down?

Edited by - VAhuntr on 12/02/2002 06:47:41
Old 12-02-2002, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? for API Climbing stand users

Anyone?
Old 12-02-2002, 06:27 AM

I carry mine cables up.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:31 AM

On the platform part the chain goes up and the seat part ,the chain goes to the right...Ask him to look for the instructions again..Did you get the safety harness and video?
Old 12-02-2002, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the video and the harness but I prefer my Seat O The Pants harness. I have already emailed API requesting a new instructional manual. The stand is real easy to climb with and is very comfortable in the tree but I can't figure out the best way to pack it in.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:40 AM

After looking at your post again ,I see it's a Supreme..the one I have is the Bowhunter.I'm not sure how yours goes..
Old 12-02-2002, 12:11 PM

i have been using my api grandslam supreme for 4 years i carry mine cables down back packing this stand is my only complaint it can b a lil bulky but other than that it is a great stand
Old 12-02-2002, 01:56 PM

Just re-read my instruction book to make sure. The last line on the backpacking instructions read: "When backpacked the gripper teeth of both sections will be in the upright position." If you do that then the cables will be up.

I agree with arkansawdeerguy---this is a bulkey stand---but real easy to climb with and super comfortable.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input! One more question: Do you slide the foot platform underneath the seat cushions some way or do you leave them hanging so they are against your back when backpacking?
Old 12-02-2002, 04:57 PM

The seat climber is placed over the top of the footclimber. The bottom of the footclimber is where you attach the shoulder straps to with the teeth up. The bottom of the footclimber will be against your back when you carry it.

Quick Reply: ? for API Climbing stand users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.