Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treelounge slipping

Old 12-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Treelounge slipping

Just wondering if any of the new version Treelounge users are having problems with slipping while ascending and descending?Believe me I've had my share of them. I was in a shop the other day.They were talking about treestands in general.The subject of the Treelounges came up and all the complaints they have been hearing..I have both a new version and old version TL.I personally like my old version better for holding capabilties over the new version..How many are using the Levelers?I have them also and have an uneasy feeling using them.(I don't have them on the climber part just the seat section)I had the cranking handle pull through on one of my Levelers. Treelounge did replace it and fortunately I wasn't hurt.I think Treelounge needs to re-examine the changes they made and go back the way they use to be made.Ever since Bob Hice sold out they've made changes.My feelings for the most part ,these changes were not for the better of the stand... Just wonder what other opinions there are about the Treelounges..Good or bad ......
Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treelounge slipping

I have the old version with the leveler on it.
Only problem Ive had is the phillips head screw
on the inside of the handle screw kept coming out.
I put a little loctite on it and have had no
other problems. Mines never slipped once, sometimes
it seems it bites too hard! A buddy of mine has
a new version but he hasnt told me of any slipping
with his.
Best stand I ever put my butt in!!
Old 12-02-2002, 06:57 AM
Banned

Wouldn't want a stand that I even though might slip. Better things to think about than wonder if my ass is going down.

Old 12-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have a new one and used it for the first time this year . I like it a lot but it was slipping a little bit on me too in the cold wheather though. I think it was slipping because the tree was begining to freeze which made it not grip too good. Treelounge does sell teeth that you can put on the treelounge. I am definetley going to buy some. Actually, you can probally make some on your own. Cheaper.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 12-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

The new design is lighter than the old. They messed up when they changed the 'V' bar..That rounded angle just isn't as good as the squared stuff..Too much or not enough angle when on a tree will cause you to slip but not fall......keep your weight back on the crossbar when climbing and make it bite the tree..The only ones I have trouble with are sycamores...they're hard as nails...

~Will Hunt For Food~
Old 12-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cyclone I have to agree that most of the problem is in the "Vee" bar like you mentioned. I think it would have been much better if they kept the squared angle bar.Another factor is the weight difference
Starrman TL is selling what they call Bite-n-Blade.I received a set from TL. I have the one on the foot climber and it does help with the slipping. Since I have the Levelers on both my stands the B-N-B should not be used with the Leveler.These B-N-B's are 12.95 each and there isn't much to them.I've never had my old version try to slip.I have owned and used it since 1993.I did find while using the new version if you give a small bounce(with feet on climber or butt on TL.) when setting them back in position on the tree it helps allot avoiding the slipping.Just becareful. I do like these N.V. TL's if they would only hold the tree better.
Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.