Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Husband & wife hunt.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Husband & wife hunt.

Hi everybody. Im looking for a little help here. My wife and I are looking to go on a guided hunt together. Ive hunted Ohio.Illinois,Montana and Saskatchewan along with my home area of Pennslyvania and Maryland. Usually Im chasing deer with my bow, nothing like it in my mind. Over the last several years my wife has taken an active interest in hunting with me. To date she has taken 3 deer, nothing big but all trophys to her and me as well. She usually hunts with an in-line muzzleloader but I will be getting her a centerfire rifle setup this year. My question is this. Can I have any suggestions of outfitters to book a hunt with. Most of the ones Ive went to are bowhunting only. Im looking for possibly a 3 day hunt (she doesnt have that all week stamina yet) either muzzleloader,shotgun or rifle. I live in Pa and would prefer to drive instead of fly to destinantion. Any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Husband & wife hunt.

I"ve heard of some nice wild boar hunting places in southern ohio, does that interest you? I'll dig around for the information I have and post it later
Old 01-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

May I suggest you get in contact with HardcoreHunter and hoytgirl , I'm sure they can offer something that you and your wife would enjoy.
They have a web site of their own , I think it's(Don & Sarah Hunting Adventures ) check it out.

Heres the right link ( www.hardcorehuntingwithdonandsarah.com )
Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the reply folks. Im looking for deer hunting only as far as a guided hunt and some form of gun as the wepon. I checked out the site I was sent and it appears to be bowhunting only
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

May I suggest you get in contact with HardcoreHunter and hoytgirl , I'm sure they can offer something that you and your wife would enjoy.
They have a web site of their own , I think it's(Don & Sarah Hunting Adventures ) check it out.

Heres the right link ( www.hardcorehuntingwithdonandsarah.com )
WE don't get into guiding; we are hunters only. IA doesn't allow centerfire rifles either except for some extra doe tags in the southern counties in January. I would get her into archery; the whole world opens up for opportunities in hunting for thr bowhunter. Easier to draw tags out of state for one. I myself would just do a public land hunt in the midwest with no guide. Deer are thick in almost every state in the nation and most of the locals don't hunt public that much. Sure, some of it gets hunted hard, but there is lots of opportunities. Since you are driving, drag a little flat bottom and smalll outboard. Tons of public land on rivers and lakes and a lot of it is accessible only by boat.