Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Why do hunters rip on each other? >

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do hunters rip on each other?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Why do hunters rip on each other?

I have been on this forum for about a year and have seen a lot of hunters gaining up on each other. About horn size, what you shot and how. Hunters should bond there is enogh people out there that are against hunting.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why do hunters rip on each other?

You've said a mouthful...
Old 01-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Takedown....I think they are just jealous that it's legal to bait here in NC...
Old 01-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Well for alot of hunters..it almost primal. Many people see or hear about a deer or other animal that was hunted and killedand automatically compare it to the deer they shoot, and wonder if theirs is thelesser...Sometimes without even meaning to. Hunters can be some veryjealous people that suffer from a bruised ego when they have been "out-done" by another hunter. A common reaction is to denounce another person's feat in order to compensate for the frustration that he has seccumb to. Whether it be another hunter's meathods, ethics, or material posessions. Humans have the tendency to alwayswant more than they have. Hearing about a buddy that received the newest, baddest rifle for Christmas and shot a 14-pointer with it the next day, can acctually drive some hunters to fits of jealousy, and invy, whether they will admit it or not. That is one of the reasons that so many hunters constantly bicker and argue with one another. If you also notice, there are some rather unsavory people that frequent these forums that will be the first to lash out at another for doing something wrong...as if to always police another person's actions. Also, many people have the quick draw to call someone out as a liar before they have even gathered all of the information. There are alot of intelligent, decent people on these forums that have been a great help to me, and others. As for the above mentioned...get a grip on yourself!!!

Just my .02
Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jelousy!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:40 PM

Most hunters are bonded together for preservation of the cause. Its just a casethat most hunters like to rib each other and the other, much smaller piece is that there are jack@$$ who hunt as well.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jelousy1 Thats all it is!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Because they all want to be the BEST.

I am happy for all of my fellow hunters. I am always learning from hunters much better than me.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'd really like to be able to say something and not get accused of something. If you think you are better than me all I gotta say is I don't care. I do my best at everything if thats not good enough for you than just shutup. people have no respect for people with less than a hundred posts which is insane because if you go try to get 100 then they criticize you for just trying to up your post count.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: travisville

I'd really like to be able to say something and not get accused of something. If you think you are better than me all I gotta say is I don't care. I do my best at everything if thats not good enough for you than just shutup. people have no respect for people with less than a hundred posts which is insane because if you go try to get 100 then they criticize you for just trying to up your post count.
I have yet to read anyone making an issue of the number of posts someone has here. By the way, what would you know, your a Cannuck from MINNESOOOOHTA!

Quick Reply: Why do hunters rip on each other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.