Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

camouflage...

Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: camouflage...

Jeez retrieverman, I was just using 'sky blue pink with yellow polka dots' as hypothetical.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the deer I've shot didn't really mind my Hardwoods pants and my Mossy Oak coat. Of course that was under my blaze orange vest and hat.It's just asimportant to watch your movement than what you wear
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it comes to deer, playing the wind is way more important then worrying about your camo.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Camoflauge... it is my favorite color!

Turkey - who cares what camo pattern, concealed or slow movement is more important.

Same goes for deer - but scent control and wind direction can gain you big advantages over camo.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Retriverman,
It was that bad***hat you're wearing that got you that buck. He knew just to lay down and die rather than messing with a guy wearing a great hat like that

Very funny, I must agree.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use Army Surplus camoflauge it seems to work. I've killed one wearing a baby blue North Carolina sweatshirt with my blaze orange vest over it before, as long as you keep still it shouldn't matter. Also if your in a climbing stand make sure you get high enough that they wouldn't notice that there's something different along their daily path.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Well the deer I've shot didn't really mind my Hardwoods pants and my Mossy Oak coat. Of course that was under my blaze orange vest and hat.It's just asimportant to watch your movement than what you wear
I went out scouting the week before my season and wore my full blaze orange with plain blaze orange jacket and hat (break-up orange isn't allowed in Iowa) to try to see if I had de-scented enough. I had 3 does and 4 fawns walk within 20 yards of where I was sitting on the ground. 2 fawns and a doe looked right at me and we did the whole freeze and stare at each other for 10 min thing until they got bored and went back to what they were doing. They never spooked and walked nearly a complete circle around me before slowly walking off.

Based on that and several other experiences, I would say scent control and minimizing movement are fare more important than any camo money can buy.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM

i think so because they would notice the different patterns agaist some solid colors in the woods

Old 01-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

In the animal world, it doesn't matter if your wearing matching patterns in fact it's better to mix them up like I do.
In my opinion wearing Mossey Oak forest floor pants with RealTree Hardwoods Green will break your outline better.
What ever camo pattern you wear make sure it blends in well with the area your hunting in and with so many patterns to choose from , you shouldn't worry to much about being a slave to fashon.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed more deer in carhartt work pants and a flannel shirt than camo. Deer might point and laugh if you give em time enough to. Matching camo aint a big deal at all.

Quick Reply: camouflage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.