Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Little Help?

Old 11-27-2002, 01:15 AM

Default Little Help?

Hey guys...I'm relatively new to this forum...my 'home' is in the off season forum, but I needed some help, so I came here.

My neighbor's have been so kind to me as to let me hunt off of one of their stands, since I would have to drive out of town to get to my stand since my house burned...anyways, I asked her tonight how many deer have been seen/killed off of it, and she said not very many, because nobody has hunted off of the stand much. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? the stand is a box stand that can hold almost 3 people, and is looking down 2 shooting lanes. I've been all back in that area, and my neighbor's mother's stand is not very far from my stand. She said that a lot of deer have been seen from her mother's stand. What would you do in this situation?

Old 11-27-2002, 02:04 AM

Default RE: Little Help?

I would try it you stated alot of deer has been seen there but not to much hunting pressure as far as the neighbor's stand being close is it possible to move the stand or set up another or check it out if you hunted the stand will you be cutting off her stand or vice versa but if they give you permisson then they cant be to worried about it or know that it wont,Good luck and Good hunting to ya,and let us know how you do
Old 11-27-2002, 02:23 AM

thanks, paul, for your suggestion

Old 11-27-2002, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sometimes a short distance makes all the difference in the world for stand placement. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to make a stand that big, I would think they did some scouting before they placed it. Hunt the stand a few times and check it out.

Old 11-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Couldnt hurt, try it. My land is over 30 min from my house. I would love to have a stand I could run over to for a little while on a min. notice.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:48 AM

Nothing ventured is nothing gained. Try a moring and an evening hunt or two and see for yourself. A little luck goes a long way.

Live well, laugh a lot and love much.
JimMcK