Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

feeding deer

Old 12-26-2006, 03:11 PM

Default RE: feeding deer

I hope you get skunked. Baiting is unethical and ineffective, and it screws up the hunting for the rest of us.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:24 PM

Baiting is legal here and its necessary with the hunters from the adjoining properties putting pressure on the deer. To top it off the deer pop. is not that big to begin with. And i asked for how to bait, not youre opinion on why i shouldnt. How does it screw up hunting for the rest of you? and why is it unethical?

Mike
Old 12-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be interested in hearing'waiting for a gift' give his/her complete methods of hunting.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:17 PM

I see nothing wrong with baiting as long as it is legal. Also helps to fatten deer up. We bait/feed deer all year.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Spike

Wouldn't the feeder be considered baiting anywhere? I mean, you buy a feeder for one reason! I'm not against having feeders at all, but having one does NOT guarantee that the deer will respond at exactly the time YOU want.

Maybe when you set up to take a deer, the way you entered spooked them? Do you know where they are beddown at night? Try a different way of entering tohunt.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 AM

Something that could always help is get you a scouting camer that marks the time it shoots the shot. Might try that, its helped me out tramendisly
Old 12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting deer with a bow at age 12.I shot my first one at age 17.Dont get fustrated,It will kill you.It will happen.Just stay basic and simple.Hunting bait can be harder than hunting runs.Those deer are verry wary that they are not the only ones who know where the pile is,and they are alwayse watching.Too many deer can get you busted easier.
ORIGINAL: Impossible

naww we got grocery stores lol..its just i been hunting for two seasons and havent got one yet, and i dont wanna wait another 9months for the season to roll around again
Old 12-27-2006, 11:42 AM

Default What will help me be a better bow hunter in a tree stand

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOMETHING
my name is chris I live in perrysburg ohio great for dear but I want
to know the best way to hunt three types of the season. Pre rut,what day
will it start rut,what day will it start and post rut what day will it
start (into the winter season). If you can help me that would be cool i
am a new bow hunter and i like to hunt out of a tree stand and i would
like to know the best tricks for each season, because i know that you
use a different times, when to hunt food plots, when to hunt main
trails, when to hunt near his :core area, or when to hunt scrapes, rubs, etc.
I would appreciate if you can help me and can you bat them in from a
tree stand ALSO WITH A BOW IS IT BETTER TO HUNT AFTER 2PM OR BE FOR 11AM
Thank you chris
MY E_MAIL IS [email protected]
Old 12-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard many times that the time that you fill the feeder, pile up some feed should stay consistent in the morning and evening. The deer get used to that pattern and will change their patterns accordingly. You will want to be sure that you are there ready to hunt them during those times and shortly after you feed them.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys,please quit with all the birdfeeder talk.You can program deer to follow you if you realy want to,but who wants to shoot tame deer?Dont build that kind of rep. for yourself in your comunity.Just about then youll shoot a bullwinkle and all the other hunters will egg your house.
Those deer have to eat,and there going to.Find beds,find feed,find the runs.Thats scouting,and it takes work.Work in the field will pay you x10.
You can have several stands and rotate where you hunt so you dont make the deer so programmed as to where you are.Hunt alot and just walk arround in the woods when youre not hunting.Watch the sign more than the chipmonks and squirrels.Tracks,runs,rubs,scrapes,nibbled sprouts.Get down and smell a scrape,find where they cross fences,where they drink.
Theres so much i could say but you just gotta go do it in the end.You will notice a pattern soon.And then all youll need is a topo map or satalite photo of new territory to get an idea of where they are.
Good luck Youngsters!!

Quick Reply: feeding deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.