Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Rounds

Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Whitetail Rounds

Is there anybody out there that can tell me about the Remington Whitetail Pro Core-lokt? I am looking for the ultimate bullet for whitetails. The people at Bass Pro Shop said that these are pretty much the best bullets for deer that they carry. This can't be entirely true can it? Does anyone out there use these rounds? If so, would you recomend that I get theses rounds in 30-06 or .270WIN? A little help please.

What are the absolute best bullets for deer? Or is it a preference thing like I assume?

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Rounds

I'd say your gonna find a lot of people with varying opinions and much of them can be chalked up to personal preference. I for instance like the winchester cxp-2's in ballistic silvertip. They are the most accurate round I have shot out of my .270 and I can hold a 3 shot 1" pattern at 125 yards. I also have yet to see an animal take more than one step after they have been hit by it. The 415 pound bear I took in 99' didn't even take a step and the 8 pointer I took this year dropped like a rock so from personal experiences I see no need for me to use anything else.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like bearklr said, you are going to get a number of opinions. I only use Hornady 140 grain BTSP .270 cartridges. You honestly couldn't give me a box of ballistic tips. About 5 or 6 of us tried them a few years ago and while there were a number of folded up deer kills we lost too many due to bullet failure. This was by guys that had killed way over 100 deer each.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

well, to be honest it really doesnt matter all that much with whitetails as far as bullet choice, its all about shot placement. I am gonna try some Federal Fusions out of my 270 to see what they are like but previously i have never had any trouble out of just plain ol core lokts. As i said before though with whitetalis it doestn matter all that much its all about shot placement.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

well, to be honest it really doesnt matter all that much with whitetails as far as bullet choice, its all about shot placement. I am gonna try some Federal Fusions out of my 270 to see what they are like but previously i have never had any trouble out of just plain ol core lokts. As i said before though with whitetalis it doestn matter all that much its all about shot placement.
I actually have used the Federal Fusions. I used the 30-06 and they have good accuracy for <20$ a box. I only shot them at the range though..no deer.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot the Fed.270 130gr NP for years, untill I went with the Ruger 6.5mmSwede and 156gr Norma "Alaska" ammo.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

I've never heard of core lokt pro. Is it something new?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: 270 bdl

I've never heard of core lokt pro. Is it something new?
I guess. I saw the pic of the box on the Bass Pro website, and I called to ask about them. I guess they are new. I've never seen them before. Thats why I was askin if anyone had any experience with them...
Old 12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't see anything on the Remington ballistics page, so who knows what makes them superior to the standard Core-Lokt Express ammo.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

my 270 shoots them better than any other rounds I have tried. The deer hot with expire promptly

Quick Reply: Whitetail Rounds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.