Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You Call The Shots VII

Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: You Call The Shots VII

The branches are not in the arrow path for most bows today but the archer should know his arrow trajectory for when this type of scenario presents itself.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

He's toast!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let her fly baby!!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Must bea late season or Texas buck by the look of his neck. 25 yards?? Dead as fried chicken as long as he's clear of them branches.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Spike

Give him a second, see what he does. Chances are he'll turn his head again. Let'er rip!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

id hesitate....i TOOK a shot identical to that this year...20yds, light variable wind..came through trailing does hard...i BAHed and stopped him..i was already at full draw..stopped in my lane like he was supposed to...soon as he stopped he swung his head around..20yd pin centered on his lungs..i was in a stand but he was on the far hillside and probably only5ft vertically below me. soon as he stoped THWACK..sent it flying..lighted knock told me i just made a perfect shot and god perfect flight....then.......i watched him drop nearly to the ground. arrow nailed him high above the spine.

lesson learned...for all you non-bowhunters or new bowhunters take my advice...dont shoot at an alert deer!! if you do aim low for the heart..if he dont duck you nail him in the heart..if he does you got a better chance of getting lungs then i had aiming center lung..and if he jumps..you will miss and wont have a wounded deer story.

when they are alert the chance they duck or jump is pretty dang good. and let me tell you..your bow may be fast...but they are faster! i only shoot about 260fps...but do the math..my arrow was there in less than 1/4 of a second from release time.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM

I'd let the arrow fly!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 PM

Yep, no-brainer, shoot. This is a huge buck, offering a good shot. I've shot about 20 deer with bow, and I've never been concerned about them jumping or ducking. I know that they do this, and I know that they're faster than an arrow, it's just never been an issue for me. I think sometimes I've shot low, and had the deer duck right into the arrow. This deer, looking right at you would definitely react. Take your best shot and hope for the best.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

take the shot he won't jump the string at that yardage
Old 12-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Let it fly.

Quick Reply: You Call The Shots VII

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.