Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how does walmart do it!

walmart is the most amazing store, i bought the cva wolf muzzle loader from there for 109 bucks! its typically 140 wich is really cheap to begin with, my uncle also bought an omega for 250 instead of 300 bucks... this store is the place to go for your killing weapons
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

Its all part of their competetion (horrible speller i know) so they'll do what they can to be the better store. I go there alot too for sporting goods and video games
Old 12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey I got a Remington 11-87 for $147.00 they marked the wrong gun it was suppos to be on a .22 but some one goofed up and put it on the 11-87. You know they fixed it as soon as I got mine. I alwo got a Remington 30-06 7400 for $220.00 I guess they stoped making them this year so they were closing them out. I went to the Kittery Trading post and they still wanted $580.00 for the same gun.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

A lot of times, products that Walmart carries are cheap knock offs of the company's normal products. Plastic might be a little thinner, certain parts may be made out of a cheaper grade material, ect. All to fall within walmart's pricing guidelines.

From what I have read about food plot seeds, that the Seed sold at walmart is a cheaper blend than those sold at say... Gander Mountain, Online, or through other hunting specific retailers - all to keep in line with walmart's pricing demands. I can't say this is the same for guns or not - but it wouldn't surprise me.

Read: http://www.dsausa.org/lowwage/walmart/Dec17_03.html
Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 PM

WalMart is awesome when it comes down to firearm purchases. Cheaper than other places. I had to special order my Savage and 2 days later I had it. They told me it would take a week.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 PM

I buy almost all my firearms through Walmart. Great buys!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: TSR6

A lot of times, products that Walmart carries are cheap knock offs of the company's normal products. Plastic might be a little thinner, certain parts may be made out of a cheaper grade material, ect. All to fall within walmart's pricing guidelines.

From what I have read about food plot seeds, that the Seed sold at walmart is a cheaper blend than those sold at say... Gander Mountain, Online, or through other hunting specific retailers - all to keep in line with walmart's pricing demands. I can't say this is the same for guns or not - but it wouldn't surprise me.

Read: http://www.dsausa.org/lowwage/walmart/Dec17_03.html

I find it funny that you have no evidence (and no sorry, the Wal-Mart hate web site is not a valuable reference) to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a complete exaggeration.I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

Many people hate Wal-Mart for the whole "they don't pay high enough wages" and the "no healthcare" nonsense that many crybabies around the country (and the left) like to push. The fact of the matter is Wal-Mart has single handedly held inflation down in the country for over the past 20 years and on top of this is the countries largest employer.

What's that you say? Wal-Mart doesn't pay their workers enough? Well, that's bogus too because Wal-Mart does in fact pay their starting workers a higher average starting wage than many other major companies in the country. Despise Wal-Mart all you want, but the facts speak for themselves and without Wal-Mart (and other big business companies) this country would be in much worse shape economically.

Furthermore, if you need evidence to support these facts that I have presented about 5 minutes in front of google would verify all of these statements. I know that it’s hard for some people to believe, and while Wal-Mart may engage in some shady business practices it’s very safe to say that Wal-Mart is a “good thing” for this country and without them you would be stuck paying more for good quality items…
Old 12-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Sureisaniceskimask - Did I post anything about Walmart's wages? No. I didn't. That is not what concerns me.

I have however done research in the past about the Walmart v. Rubbermaid deal. It DID happen. The plastic resins they used to make those big rubbermaid bins we all love so much went up in price. Rubbermaid told walmart that they needed to increase prices. Walmart told Rubbermaid that they better find a way to make them cheaper, or they would stop stocking their products. I think the fact that Newell bought out Rubbermaid should explain the rest....Do I need to explain?

I have also been doing a lot of research on Deer Plot seeds lately. Walmart does carry some of the deer plot seeds, and although I do not remember the brands in which I was told - but I was told by a reputable source that the seeds sold at Walmart may be somewhat cheaper than those sold at other outlets, but that the actual QUALITY of the seeds is less. They are blended with cheaper quality seeds to act as fillers so that they can still fall within Walmart's pricing guidelines. If they chose not to keep within their pricing, they would be discontinued at walmart - thus losing a large market share.

I do NOT have any evidence that guns or ammo sold at walmart are cheaper quality. I know I mentioned that in my post, but I don't beleive I ever stated that as a fact - only that I said it wouldn't surprise me, and it would not!

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

I find it funny that you have no evidence to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a lie. I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

Many people hate Wal-Mart for the whole "they don't pay high enough wages" and the "no healthcare" nonsense that many crybabies around the country (and the left) like to push. The fact of the matter is Wal-Mart has single handedly held inflation down in the country for over the past 20 years and on top of this is the countries largest employer.

What's that you say? Wal-Mart doesn't pay their workers enough? Well, that's bogus too because Wal-Mart does in fact pay their starting workers a higher average starting wage than many other major companies in the country. Despise Wal-Mart all you want, but the facts speak for themselves and without Wal-Mart (and other big business companies) this country would be in much worse shape economically.

Furthermore, if you need evidence to support these facts that I have presented about 5 minutes in front of google would verify all of these statements. I know that it’s hard for some people to believe, and while Wal-Mart may engage in some shady business practices it’s very safe to say that Wal-Mart is a “good thing” for this country and without them you would be stuck paying more for good quality items…
Old 12-11-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dway87

WalMart is awesome when it comes down to firearm purchases. Cheaper than other places. I had to special order my Savage and 2 days later I had it. They told me it would take a week.
Yeah, every time I order a gun through Wal Mart, they tell me it'll be 2 weeks, but, I always end up getting the gun within 3 days.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

walmart is the most amazing store, i bought the cva wolf muzzle loader from there for 109 bucks! its typically 140 wich is really cheap to begin with, my uncle also bought an omega for 250 instead of 300 bucks... this store is the place to go for your killing weapons
The more they buy the more they save and can sale for less. I am sure they are the largest dealer in guns in america. How many stores they have and how many other largecompanies deal in large quanity of firearms? If they say they want 10,000 of a specific gun, They are goanna get them at a hell of a discount. Walmart is the only outlet that can do this and prob sale that many guns of that make and model. No gun store can do that cause they are not a franchise like walmart. I think Dunhams might be able to do this in a few years though I believe. But right now, walmart is the only company that can. Kmart has been going under and could never take a chance on that many guns at one time. All I have to say bad about wal mart though, Is when you buy there, you are making china amore powerful country.

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.