Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

ORIGINAL: TSR6

A lot of times, products that Walmart carries are cheap knock offs of the company's normal products. Plastic might be a little thinner, certain parts may be made out of a cheaper grade material, ect. All to fall within walmart's pricing guidelines.

From what I have read about food plot seeds, that the Seed sold at walmart is a cheaper blend than those sold at say... Gander Mountain, Online, or through other hunting specific retailers - all to keep in line with walmart's pricing demands. I can't say this is the same for guns or not - but it wouldn't surprise me.

Read: http://www.dsausa.org/lowwage/walmart/Dec17_03.html
TSR6 - Personally , I think you're full of something . I have a cousin who has been working for Walmart for years and loves her job . If you don't like WalMart , don't shop there . Don't eat fruits and vegetables from grocery stores as underpaid workers pick them . Don't forget to Boycott the farmers too !
Old 12-11-2006, 07:37 PM

I know Walmart has good prices but at what price? The company is run by and your buys directly supports China's ARMY. And think of all the gun shops they put out of business. They give people jobs -very low paying jobs with crap for benefits.
You may think you are getting a deal now but you will pay more watching our country go down the drain and a lack of future for your kids.
Don't shop there.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 PM

First off let me say that I love to shop at Wal-Mart. Second, I would like to say that they do sell lower end models of certain stuff in order to be able to sell a certain name brand. I use to work at an audio store here in Delaware a while back selling stereo speakers and car audio. Wal-Mart also sold Pioneer speakers as we did. If some people didn't look close enough to the manufacturer numbers and such they would never have noticed that the speakers they were buying were of the lower end of a certain model that we sold at our store. For example thematerial that makes up the cone was just cardboard instead of hard plastic and the seals were made of some kind offoam instead of rubber. Don't get me wrong they do what they have to and I'm fine with that but be careful for what you purchase there because you get what you pay for.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm. This is why wal-mart is pulling almost 78% of all their gun out of the stores because of a liability scam that the gun makers are putting on wal-mart. But if i never new that then i would purchase guns at wal-mart but iv known this for about 5 years now since i bought a charles daily at wal-mart and the gun blew up and when i went to have it fixed under the warrenty the company would not except it because it was not made at there factory.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

What other stores should we not shop at? Lowes, Home Depot, Target, K-Mart? Why is Wal-Mart singled out? I've never figured this out. IfWal-Mart sells some products made in China, are they the only ones doing it? I think it's mainly a union campaign to smear Wal-Mart.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shut up!
ORIGINAL: TSR6

Sureisaniceskimask - Did I post anything about Walmart's wages? No. I didn't. That is not what concerns me.

I have however done research in the past about the Walmart v. Rubbermaid deal. It DID happen. The plastic resins they used to make those big rubbermaid bins we all love so much went up in price. Rubbermaid told walmart that they needed to increase prices. Walmart told Rubbermaid that they better find a way to make them cheaper, or they would stop stocking their products. I think the fact that Newell bought out Rubbermaid should explain the rest.... Do I need to explain?

I have also been doing a lot of research on Deer Plot seeds lately. Walmart does carry some of the deer plot seeds, and although I do not remember the brands in which I was told - but I was told by a reputable source that the seeds sold at Walmart may be somewhat cheaper than those sold at other outlets, but that the actual QUALITY of the seeds is less. They are blended with cheaper quality seeds to act as fillers so that they can still fall within Walmart's pricing guidelines. If they chose not to keep within their pricing, they would be discontinued at walmart - thus losing a large market share.

I do NOT have any evidence that guns or ammo sold at walmart are cheaper quality. I know I mentioned that in my post, but I don't beleive I ever stated that as a fact - only that I said it wouldn't surprise me, and it would not!

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

I find it funny that you have no evidence to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a lie. I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

Many people hate Wal-Mart for the whole "they don't pay high enough wages" and the "no healthcare" nonsense that many crybabies around the country (and the left) like to push. The fact of the matter is Wal-Mart has single handedly held inflation down in the country for over the past 20 years and on top of this is the countries largest employer.

What's that you say? Wal-Mart doesn't pay their workers enough? Well, that's bogus too because Wal-Mart does in fact pay their starting workers a higher average starting wage than many other major companies in the country. Despise Wal-Mart all you want, but the facts speak for themselves and without Wal-Mart (and other big business companies) this country would be in much worse shape economically.

Furthermore, if you need evidence to support these facts that I have presented about 5 minutes in front of google would verify all of these statements. I know that it’s hard for some people to believe, and while Wal-Mart may engage in some shady business practices it’s very safe to say that Wal-Mart is a “good thing” for this country and without them you would be stuck paying more for good quality items…
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

To bad your wrong, my savage accutrigger .243 has a manufactures warranty! I have all the paperwork from when I bought it and the man. warranty came in the box!
ORIGINAL: gamehunter1269

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm. This is why wal-mart is pulling almost 78% of all their gun out of the stores because of a liability scam that the gun makers are putting on wal-mart. But if i never new that then i would purchase guns at wal-mart but iv known this for about 5 years now since i bought a charles daily at wal-mart and the gun blew up and when i went to have it fixed under the warrenty the company would not except it because it was not made at there factory.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: isatarak

What other stores should we not shop at? Lowes, Home Depot, Target, K-Mart? Why is Wal-Mart singled out? I've never figured this out. IfWal-Mart sells some products made in China, are they the only ones doing it? I think it's mainly a union campaign to smear Wal-Mart.
Wal mart is the largest dealer with china as for stores. They buy huge quanities of merchandise made in china. Huge I say. They buy so much china made junk that china has to build more factories to keep up with the demand of wal mart. More factories means more fuel more fuel means americans pay more for the fuel since it is being used more by other countries than normal. Most the money goes to the government of china from the sales. This means they can buy more military weapons and still be filthy reach to be a challenge to the american dollar. Very dangerous to the future of america. Anyway, something along that line anyway.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

actually the guns do have a warranty on them because they are a goods but thats another story
Old 12-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

They have become a cheap dollar store selling 90% junk. Real Junnk. I go there if I absolulely have to otherwise I don't even want to drive on the same side of town. I would never go there except that in our town, they ran every other business out. After everyone else closed their door then they turned to selling 90% cheap chinese junk. I can't say enough bad things about that damn dive.[:@]Old Sam tried to sell as much USA made stuff as he could. They now make ZERO effort to do that.

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.