HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   how does walmart do it! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/169668-how-does-walmart-do.html)

ABarOfSoap 12-11-2006 05:11 PM

how does walmart do it!

walmart is the most amazing store, i bought the cva wolf muzzle loader from there for 109 bucks! its typically 140 wich is really cheap to begin with, my uncle also bought an omega for 250 instead of 300 bucks... this store is the place to go for your killing weapons

Red Hawk 12-11-2006 05:13 PM

RE: how does walmart do it!

Its all part of their competetion (horrible speller i know) so they'll do what they can to be the better store. I go there alot too for sporting goods and video games :D

Mike Hill 12-11-2006 05:21 PM

Hey I got a Remington 11-87 for $147.00 they marked the wrong gun it was suppos to be on a .22 but some one goofed up and put it on the 11-87. You know they fixed it as soon as I got mine. I alwo got a Remington 30-06 7400 for $220.00 I guess they stoped making them this year so they were closing them out. I went to the Kittery Trading post and they still wanted $580.00 for the same gun.

TSR6 12-11-2006 06:03 PM

A lot of times, products that Walmart carries are cheap knock offs of the company's normal products. Plastic might be a little thinner, certain parts may be made out of a cheaper grade material, ect. All to fall within walmart's pricing guidelines.

From what I have read about food plot seeds, that the Seed sold at walmart is a cheaper blend than those sold at say... Gander Mountain, Online, or through other hunting specific retailers - all to keep in line with walmart's pricing demands. I can't say this is the same for guns or not - but it wouldn't surprise me.

Read: http://www.dsausa.org/lowwage/walmart/Dec17_03.html

dway87 12-11-2006 06:15 PM

WalMart is awesome when it comes down to firearm purchases. Cheaper than other places. I had to special order my Savage and 2 days later I had it. They told me it would take a week.

gregholland 12-11-2006 06:17 PM

I buy almost all my firearms through Walmart. Great buys!

Sureisaniceskimask 12-11-2006 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: TSR6

A lot of times, products that Walmart carries are cheap knock offs of the company's normal products. Plastic might be a little thinner, certain parts may be made out of a cheaper grade material, ect. All to fall within walmart's pricing guidelines.

From what I have read about food plot seeds, that the Seed sold at walmart is a cheaper blend than those sold at say... Gander Mountain, Online, or through other hunting specific retailers - all to keep in line with walmart's pricing demands. I can't say this is the same for guns or not - but it wouldn't surprise me.

I find it funny that you have no evidence (and no sorry, the Wal-Mart hate web site is not a valuable reference) to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a complete exaggeration.I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

Many people hate Wal-Mart for the whole "they don't pay high enough wages" and the "no healthcare" nonsense that many crybabies around the country (and the left) like to push. The fact of the matter is Wal-Mart has single handedly held inflation down in the country for over the past 20 years and on top of this is the countries largest employer.

What's that you say? Wal-Mart doesn't pay their workers enough? Well, that's bogus too because Wal-Mart does in fact pay their starting workers a higher average starting wage than many other major companies in the country. Despise Wal-Mart all you want, but the facts speak for themselves and without Wal-Mart (and other big business companies) this country would be in much worse shape economically.

Furthermore, if you need evidence to support these facts that I have presented about 5 minutes in front of google would verify all of these statements. I know that it’s hard for some people to believe, and while Wal-Mart may engage in some shady business practices it’s very safe to say that Wal-Mart is a “good thing” for this country and without them you would be stuck paying more for good quality items…

TSR6 12-11-2006 06:48 PM

Sureisaniceskimask - Did I post anything about Walmart's wages? No. I didn't. That is not what concerns me.

I have however done research in the past about the Walmart v. Rubbermaid deal. It DID happen. The plastic resins they used to make those big rubbermaid bins we all love so much went up in price. Rubbermaid told walmart that they needed to increase prices. Walmart told Rubbermaid that they better find a way to make them cheaper, or they would stop stocking their products. I think the fact that Newell bought out Rubbermaid should explain the rest....Do I need to explain?

I have also been doing a lot of research on Deer Plot seeds lately. Walmart does carry some of the deer plot seeds, and although I do not remember the brands in which I was told - but I was told by a reputable source that the seeds sold at Walmart may be somewhat cheaper than those sold at other outlets, but that the actual QUALITY of the seeds is less. They are blended with cheaper quality seeds to act as fillers so that they can still fall within Walmart's pricing guidelines. If they chose not to keep within their pricing, they would be discontinued at walmart - thus losing a large market share.

I do NOT have any evidence that guns or ammo sold at walmart are cheaper quality. I know I mentioned that in my post, but I don't beleive I ever stated that as a fact - only that I said it wouldn't surprise me, and it would not!

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

I find it funny that you have no evidence to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a lie. I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

Many people hate Wal-Mart for the whole "they don't pay high enough wages" and the "no healthcare" nonsense that many crybabies around the country (and the left) like to push. The fact of the matter is Wal-Mart has single handedly held inflation down in the country for over the past 20 years and on top of this is the countries largest employer.

What's that you say? Wal-Mart doesn't pay their workers enough? Well, that's bogus too because Wal-Mart does in fact pay their starting workers a higher average starting wage than many other major companies in the country. Despise Wal-Mart all you want, but the facts speak for themselves and without Wal-Mart (and other big business companies) this country would be in much worse shape economically.

Furthermore, if you need evidence to support these facts that I have presented about 5 minutes in front of google would verify all of these statements. I know that it’s hard for some people to believe, and while Wal-Mart may engage in some shady business practices it’s very safe to say that Wal-Mart is a “good thing” for this country and without them you would be stuck paying more for good quality items…

Chantecler111 12-11-2006 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dway87

WalMart is awesome when it comes down to firearm purchases. Cheaper than other places. I had to special order my Savage and 2 days later I had it. They told me it would take a week.
Yeah, every time I order a gun through Wal Mart, they tell me it'll be 2 weeks, but, I always end up getting the gun within 3 days.

Kengston 12-11-2006 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

walmart is the most amazing store, i bought the cva wolf muzzle loader from there for 109 bucks! its typically 140 wich is really cheap to begin with, my uncle also bought an omega for 250 instead of 300 bucks... this store is the place to go for your killing weapons
The more they buy the more they save and can sale for less. I am sure they are the largest dealer in guns in america. How many stores they have and how many other largecompanies deal in large quanity of firearms? If they say they want 10,000 of a specific gun, They are goanna get them at a hell of a discount. Walmart is the only outlet that can do this and prob sale that many guns of that make and model. No gun store can do that cause they are not a franchise like walmart. I think Dunhams might be able to do this in a few years though I believe. But right now, walmart is the only company that can. Kmart has been going under and could never take a chance on that many guns at one time. All I have to say bad about wal mart though, Is when you buy there, you are making china amore powerful country.

Ed McDonald 12-11-2006 07:36 PM

TSR6 - Personally , I think you're full of something . I have a cousin who has been working for Walmart for years and loves her job . If you don't like WalMart , don't shop there . Don't eat fruits and vegetables from grocery stores as underpaid workers pick them . Don't forget to Boycott the farmers too ! :eek:

Steve8511 12-11-2006 07:37 PM

I know Walmart has good prices but at what price? The company is run by and your buys directly supports China's ARMY. And think of all the gun shops they put out of business. They give people jobs -very low paying jobs with crap for benefits.
You may think you are getting a deal now but you will pay more watching our country go down the drain and a lack of future for your kids.
Don't shop there.

firststate 12-11-2006 07:42 PM

First off let me say that I love to shop at Wal-Mart. Second, I would like to say that they do sell lower end models of certain stuff in order to be able to sell a certain name brand. I use to work at an audio store here in Delaware a while back selling stereo speakers and car audio. Wal-Mart also sold Pioneer speakers as we did. If some people didn't look close enough to the manufacturer numbers and such they would never have noticed that the speakers they were buying were of the lower end of a certain model that we sold at our store. For example thematerial that makes up the cone was just cardboard instead of hard plastic and the seals were made of some kind offoam instead of rubber. Don't get me wrong they do what they have to and I'm fine with that but be careful for what you purchase there because you get what you pay for.

gamehunter1269 12-11-2006 07:55 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm. This is why wal-mart is pulling almost 78% of all their gun out of the stores because of a liability scam that the gun makers are putting on wal-mart. But if i never new that then i would purchase guns at wal-mart but iv known this for about 5 years now since i bought a charles daily at wal-mart and the gun blew up and when i went to have it fixed under the warrenty the company would not except it because it was not made at there factory.

isatarak 12-11-2006 07:56 PM

What other stores should we not shop at? Lowes, Home Depot, Target, K-Mart? Why is Wal-Mart singled out? I've never figured this out. IfWal-Mart sells some products made in China, are they the only ones doing it? I think it's mainly a union campaign to smear Wal-Mart.

SRBowman 12-11-2006 08:02 PM

Shut up!

Sureisaniceskimask - Did I post anything about Walmart's wages? No. I didn't. That is not what concerns me.

I have however done research in the past about the Walmart v. Rubbermaid deal. It DID happen. The plastic resins they used to make those big rubbermaid bins we all love so much went up in price. Rubbermaid told walmart that they needed to increase prices. Walmart told Rubbermaid that they better find a way to make them cheaper, or they would stop stocking their products. I think the fact that Newell bought out Rubbermaid should explain the rest.... Do I need to explain?

I have also been doing a lot of research on Deer Plot seeds lately. Walmart does carry some of the deer plot seeds, and although I do not remember the brands in which I was told - but I was told by a reputable source that the seeds sold at Walmart may be somewhat cheaper than those sold at other outlets, but that the actual QUALITY of the seeds is less. They are blended with cheaper quality seeds to act as fillers so that they can still fall within Walmart's pricing guidelines. If they chose not to keep within their pricing, they would be discontinued at walmart - thus losing a large market share.

I do NOT have any evidence that guns or ammo sold at walmart are cheaper quality. I know I mentioned that in my post, but I don't beleive I ever stated that as a fact - only that I said it wouldn't surprise me, and it would not!

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

I find it funny that you have no evidence to support your petty accusation against Wal-Mart which is obviously a lie. I also find it funny that you leave a link on the bottom or your post to further demean the image of Wal-Mart.

SRBowman 12-11-2006 08:04 PM

To bad your wrong, my savage accutrigger .243 has a manufactures warranty! I have all the paperwork from when I bought it and the man. warranty came in the box!

ORIGINAL: gamehunter1269

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm. This is why wal-mart is pulling almost 78% of all their gun out of the stores because of a liability scam that the gun makers are putting on wal-mart. But if i never new that then i would purchase guns at wal-mart but iv known this for about 5 years now since i bought a charles daily at wal-mart and the gun blew up and when i went to have it fixed under the warrenty the company would not except it because it was not made at there factory.

Kengston 12-11-2006 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: isatarak

What other stores should we not shop at? Lowes, Home Depot, Target, K-Mart? Why is Wal-Mart singled out? I've never figured this out. IfWal-Mart sells some products made in China, are they the only ones doing it? I think it's mainly a union campaign to smear Wal-Mart.
Wal mart is the largest dealer with china as for stores. They buy huge quanities of merchandise made in china. Huge I say. They buy so much china made junk that china has to build more factories to keep up with the demand of wal mart. More factories means more fuel more fuel means americans pay more for the fuel since it is being used more by other countries than normal. Most the money goes to the government of china from the sales. This means they can buy more military weapons and still be filthy reach to be a challenge to the american dollar. Very dangerous to the future of america. Anyway, something along that line anyway.

monster10rackstack 12-11-2006 08:14 PM

actually the guns do have a warranty on them because they are a goods but thats another story

James B 12-11-2006 08:26 PM

They have become a cheap dollar store selling 90% junk. Real Junnk. I go there if I absolulely have to otherwise I don't even want to drive on the same side of town. I would never go there except that in our town, they ran every other business out. After everyone else closed their door then they turned to selling 90% cheap chinese junk. I can't say enough bad things about that damn dive.[:@]Old Sam tried to sell as much USA made stuff as he could. They now make ZERO effort to do that.

m.t.hands 12-11-2006 08:32 PM

I am sure they are the largest dealer in guns in america.
now that is a scary thought

moose1915 12-11-2006 08:41 PM

evil empire

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-11-2006 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Steve8511

I know Walmart has good prices but at what price? The company is run by and your buys directly supports China's ARMY. And think of all the gun shops they put out of business. They give people jobs -very low paying jobs with crap for benefits.
You may think you are getting a deal now but you will pay more watching our country go down the drain and a lack of future for your kids.
Don't shop there.
Steve you are 100% correct.

Walmart low balls manufacturers and deals in volume. By supporting Walmart you are only supporting Walmart not the manufacturers involved.

Yes Walmart has fantastic prices but they are killing Americans in business.

DoctorDeath 12-11-2006 08:47 PM

Scotty this is capt. Kirk ...beam me up there is no intellegent life on this planet!

dd

North Texan 12-11-2006 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: James B

They have become a cheap dollar store selling 90% junk. Real Junnk. I go there if I absolulely have to otherwise I don't even want to drive on the same side of town. I would never go there except that in our town, they ran every other business out. After everyone else closed their door then they turned to selling 90% cheap chinese junk. I can't say enough bad things about that damn dive.[:@]Old Sam tried to sell as much USA made stuff as he could. They now make ZERO effort to do that.
I agree. They used to sell quality items when competition was in town. When they became the only gig in town, the imported crap started replacing the other stuff. The prices were still low, but quality took a nose dive.

I also feel Wal-Mart uses their large market share to engage in unfair trade practices, increasing their slice fo the pie to the detriment of both consumers and manufacturers, as well as the overall economy.

gamehunter1269 12-11-2006 08:51 PM

Dont get me wrong on the subject, Im just going by what i have been told by the retailers. I still love wal-mart because they doo always have the best deals on all my hunting stuff that i need last minute. But i just wont purchase my weapons there anymore. But i do love my wal-mart.

nyorange 12-11-2006 09:35 PM

As someone correctly pointed out Walmart does not sell the same exact models of guns that you buy in a local store. Usually they have cheaper stock etc . The Pioneer speaker example is about the best analogy there was, except unlike with speakers, there is not alot you can cheapen on a gun except the stocks and sights. Walmart would be happy to sell the same modelseveryone else gets but the problem is the other dealers would complain that they are getting undersold by WALMART and they would stop stocking that gun brand. The gun manufacturer can't risk such a rebellion so they justify the cheap price WALMART gets by making sure that its not the same gunthe distributers get but a cheaper version. While technically true, the fact is the real guts of the gun are the exact same.
As far asWALMART in general, I can't stand them. Forget what is happening here in USA, as adecent human being I really can't support what they are doing in CHINA.CHINA is the most corrupt place on earth, nothing gets done without a payoff to a COMM partyofficial. They work the billions of chinese worse then we would treat dogs. Of course things are cheap. Imagine what you could do with slave labor. $6.00 a month for a factory laborer. Imagine what you could build if you could hire 100 men for 14 hours a day for a whole month. For 600 bucks you could build a whole block of houses. Anything can be done at such low cost.No one else in the world will be ever becompetitive with china until the government there can be changed. Imagine being forced to raise a family on that wage. I think the avg chinese worker has evolved to the point where he can live off rocks and air. When the*Deleted* hits the fan over there it won't be pretty. One day they will wake up and the rivers will run red for real.I wouldn't wish such living conditions on my worst enemy.Yet walmart actively seeks it out, encourages itand supportsit. How exactly is that a good thing? Its like the civil war all over again. When freemen are forced to compete with slaves, the freeman always loses because he is forced to accept the conditions of a slave to remain competitive.Thats why we banned slavery as everyone is hurt by it, especially lower income freemen. What good has walmart done for me? Hmmm, lets see. they have single-handedly modernized the most corrupt government in the world and given them the technical know how and ability to threaten the western world. All so a few people could be come super- super- rich because being plain old super rich just wasn't enough.What did that russian say, "you would sell us the shovels that we would bury you with"? Thanks walmart. Sorry for the rant, but just had someone come back from that cesspool over there.

_Dan 12-11-2006 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Don't shop there.
Steve you are 100% correct.

Walmart low balls manufacturers and deals in volume. By supporting Walmart you are only supporting Walmart not the manufacturers involved.

Yes Walmart has fantastic prices but they are killing Americans in business.
Amen Rob.

Even the mention of the word Wal-Mart makes me vomit in my mouth.

Davy Jones 12-11-2006 11:22 PM

Being a military man, all I can say is that walmart saves me and my family a ton of money period, and I don't get paid that much. I don't have enough time in a day to figure out what companies support what, I search for the best deal for my money, and walmartbeing the largest retailer in the world gives a ton of people jobs and they supportour troops. Every major company has skeletons in the closet on some issues...You can always shop at Target who does not support the troops, hunters, and guns.

Southern Man 12-11-2006 11:41 PM

Cheap made guns? Dumb statement call Remington ask If they will allow a rip off of their weapons.Go buy a gun at walmart go buy one from gun store it will be the same Quality.If you must blame someone for this trade mess with Red China blame the politicians who sold out America.Heaven knows one day china will buy the U.S.A.

Todd1700 12-12-2006 12:38 AM

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm.
This is complete utter *Deleted* and you should go find the person who told you this and smack them in the mouth for filling your head with suchblithering nonsensethat in turn made you lookbad in this forum. Wal-Mart may not stock the really expensive guns in their stores like Weatherby Mark V's or Sako 75'sbut the models they do sell are exactly the same at Wal-Mart as they are anywhere else they are found. Remington does not make one type model 700 bdl for Wal-Mart and then another type for the sporting goods store up the street. People who believe stuff like this are the same caliber of mental midgets that believe Elvis faked his death so he could work at a Burger King in Saginaw Michigan. I own a Beretta 390 12 gauge shotgun that came from Wal-Mart. I have compared it to one that a friend purchased at a sporting goods store. In fit, form and function it is identical. We can find no differences except that he paid a lot more for his than I did. These type rumours are often started by people who run or work at other stores that sell firearms in order to scare people away from buying guns at Wal-Mart. The truth is that wal-mart can sell guns so much cheaper simply because they purchase in such a huge volume from the manufacturer. Buy a mere twenty 870 pump shotguns and Remington isn't going to cut you much of a deal. Call up to buy 100,000 of them and yeah, they will cut you a helluva deal.

but iv known this for about 5 years now since i bought a charles daily at wal-mart and the gun blew up and when i went to have it fixed under the warrenty the company would not except it because it was not made at there factory.
More*Deleted* If it wasn't made at a Charles Daily factory (or at some parent companies factory that owns the charles daily name brand) then where was it made? Wal-Mart doesn't make firearms. They just purchase them from companies that do. Are you seriously trying to say that Wal-mart just had some guns made by someone other than Charles Daily and had them stamp Charles Daily on them without their permission? You seriuosly believe that any of the head people running Wal-Mart are braindead enough tothink they could get away with such a lame scheme? You believe they would expose themsleves to the inevitable massive civil lawsuit and perhaps even criminal copyright charges in order to save a few bucks on what is already one of the cheapest grade firearms in the world? Hell forget Wal-Mart for a minute,what gun maker couldthey find that would be dumb enough to do it for them? A third grader would know that they would get busted and hammered hard within a week. LOL! That's the funniest (and dumbest) nonsense I have heard in a month. Thanks for the laugh man. I spit tea on my moniter screen.

Ed McDonald 12-12-2006 05:08 AM

Overpaid American Workers sold out American Industry. I worded for a manufacturing company and the 1st things I was taught was what I could get away with . I couldn't sweep the filthy floor because it was someone else's job . I was ready to quit the 1st week I worked there as I was so bored and wasn't allowed to work out of my classification . I quit that worthless Union after 6 years as it never helped me . It was too busy saving the jobs of the drunks , lazy workers and folks with bad A&L's .
Got into management and started working on a College Degree . Supervised for several years and hated it . Lazy folks always tried to take advantage of my kind nature . People wanted a paycheck but didn't want to work for it . Some alledged workers found that if they did certain things , they could create overtime . This drives up costs . 10 years ago , a guy driving a fork lift truck was making almost $20 per hour and felt he was underpaid . A company can't and won't survive this kind of business .
The American worker is driving away business and causing companies to look elsewhere to manufacture products !

Sureisaniceskimask 12-12-2006 05:09 AM

Cry me a river. :D

Sureisaniceskimask 12-12-2006 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: SRBowman

Shut up!
Nice intelligent rebuttal there SRBowman...

younggun308 12-12-2006 05:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

Hate to burst your bubble but the guns you just purchased at wal-mart have no manufacture warrenty. Because wal-mart does in fact sell " nock offs " of you modern firearm.
This is complete utter .......Remington does not make one type model 700 bdl for Wal-Mart and then another type for the sporting goods store up the street. People who believe stuff like this are the same caliber of mental midgets that believe Elvis faked his death so he could work at a Burger King in Saginaw Michigan.......

ROTFL!!!!!! That's sooooooooooooooo hilarious!!!!!!!

DANTHEHUNTER 12-12-2006 05:58 AM

Why would Remington, savage, winchester, ruger, ect. stake thier whole reputation as a firearms maker on selling wal-mart a cheap knock off rilfle/shotgun ???That makes no sence to me at all. I have bought severel rifles from them and I have found nothing wrong or different with them.I wonder if remington makes thier ammunition with less powder for them [X(][X(][X(][X(]Come on people its called free enterprise that is how our country became so rich in assets. Dont blame wal-mart for being good at it.Hell yes they sell some cheaper makes and models of products, dont buy them if want the top of the line.It does'nt make them a bad company ,Some people cant afford a mercedes or a jag but they like to have something in its place. I like what James B had to say if you dont like them stay away its pretty simple!!!

SwampTHING 12-12-2006 06:20 AM

I will never shop in a Walmart and the only reason is most of theyre product is bought in china.. If you are selling too an North American custommer you should be employing those people too make the product,, not some 8 year old kid in china!

Im like that with all my purchases.. Im a diehard waterfowler.. There is a company in California that produces higher-end waterfowl decoys,, they go for $180 a dozen and are currently built in California. Word got out the owners were in china setting up a factory for theyre production of decoys. I confronted the owner on a HUGE waterfowl site about this... He said im not in it for the profit,, im in it for the love of waterfowling!!!

ButI can produce them in china and have them shipped here for half the cost... I asked directly "will the consumer see a 50% decrease in the cost of your product???" the answer was "no,, why would I do that?" No you are not in the business for profit are you?? its for the love of the sport... Ill buy Herter's decoys that are made in America and support the North American worker! I hope you can find alot of people in china too buy your duck decoys!

NCSportsman 12-12-2006 06:30 AM

I'm in the HVAC business and I know that if you buy say a Honeywell thermostat from Lowes or Home Depot it is not the same quality as the model I will buy from my supplier.
They uselower grade parts to build those t-stats in order to be competetive.
Where I can see, but the average consumer can't. It also shows in the warranty where the big box stores thermostats only have a 1 year manufacturer'swarranty and mine have 5 years!
Maybe the debate could be settled by asking a licenced gun dealer/gunsmith evaluate the exact same model guns bought from 2 different locations.
1 from Wal-Mart and 1 from an independent gun dealer and tell us the differences in what we're getting.

CervidSlayer 12-12-2006 06:41 AM

Don't shop there.
Just because they (China) owns 51% of US T bills, that does'nt mean that USA supports communism, or the Red Army....... "Wal-Mart is one of the great shining examples of what a market economy can achieve. If I were to give a tour of the United States to visitors from a socialist country, who are used to experiencing chronic shortages of almost everything, Wal-Mart would be one of the first places I would take them. It is a perfect symbol of one of the most remarkable things that we have — an enormous variety of high quality, low cost products that are available to virtually everyone throughout the United States."

You people really need get a grip...If you dont like Walmart and US policy on international fiscal matters, then you should move to another nation...good luck finding a deal on some underware or Jiffy Pop.

lowtempguru 12-12-2006 06:43 AM

I would love to hear what model honeywell T-stat comes with a 5 yr warranty