Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Lucky to be alive...  Prayers... >

Lucky to be alive... Prayers...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lucky to be alive... Prayers...

Old 12-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lucky to be alive... Prayers...

Well guys, this isn't hunting related but some bad things happened today. I was on my way to work and left 2 minutes early. So I decided to travel a little slow, took it about 45 mph. I approach a van coming head-on and she has her blinker on to turn into a driveway. I realize she is looking up at the house and didn't think she noticed me coming. Well she began to turn as I am passing her and hits the front panel above my wheel well. I then get sucked into the ditch by the snow and side swipe a tree. So I have 3 large dents on my car, and the front tire axel is broke.

All in all, I guess I should be thanful to be alive. Insurance is great, but it probably won't give me back what I had... [X(]
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Lucky to be alive... Prayers...

At least your OK! I once had an old car that was a magnet. Had a lady back into me, was rear ended, and a tree fell on it, bad car! Again, good to hear you are OK! Was she OK?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:26 PM

Good to hear your ok
Old 12-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, she was fine. She just kept apologizing. I realize she was sorry but that didn't fix my car.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 PM

Good to hear your doing well. What kind of car was it?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Yea, she was fine. She just kept apologizing. I realize she was sorry but that didn't fix my car.
I know that feeling and it is a bad one. Summer before my senior year a girl from the class below me ran a stop sign and messed my car up pretty bad. I was pretty upset, 1984 Chevy Montecarlo totaled. The car was in about as good of condition as I could have asked for, I'd bought it from an old lady who had bought it brand new. Well I never drove the car again because her insurance would only pay what the car was worth, and being that it was 19 years old I only got$2000 out of it. She caused over$5000 in damages, bentframe and all.Like you said, apologies don't fix the car.

Goodto hearyou're alright...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:02 PM

Ouch man, it's fortunate you're okay though. Last year soon after my friend got his license and was waiting to turn into the school driveway, he was hit head-on by a woman who had suffered an epileptic seizure behind the wheel. If he hadn't straightened out the front of the car, and if he hadn't had a big old somethingorother that he had it would have killed or seriously wounded him and his friend in the passenger seat. They were fine, and thank God you were too! I hope the insurance is cooperative.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 PM

What kind of car did you drive? did damage exceed value of the vehicle?

Oh crap didnt mean to make another post
Old 12-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes... Thanks for the comments guys and I'm affraid that it isn't looking good. I drove a 91' Buick Century. Though it is 15 years old, the car only had almost 20,000 miles on it. It was my great grandmothers and was given to me. She seriously drove it maybe 100 times a year, and it was in beautiful condition.

Being so old, I know I'm not going to get it fixed by the insurance. They are going to give me some pieceof crap settlement that is no where near the true valued price of this car.

The thing that really sucks, is it happends on a Friday night so they can't do anything about it until Monday. So no matter how hard you try not to, you worry about it all weekend. It's out of my hands though.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:10 AM

Sorry to hear about that! Glad you're ok!

Quick Reply: Lucky to be alive... Prayers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.