Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Telecommunications Used For Hunting >

Telecommunications Used For Hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Telecommunications Used For Hunting

Old 12-10-2006, 01:18 PM

Default RE: Telecommunications Used For Hunting

we use walkie talkies as well.. i see nothing wrong with using them while in stand, doing small drives, etc. we never actually use them to tell someone to run over to "HIckory Holler" just to say we saw deer and to be ready.. or to leave stand
Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM

Hubby and I both bring our cells with us, set on vibrate. He calls me to tell me he's headed my way (when it's getting towards end of the day.) or to tell me he's out and headed home. (When he's worked nights.)
Also will check in by text to see if that shot we just heard was near either of us, to let us know of other people in the woods and their direction of travel.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Buddy used his walkie talkie to let us know he hadwounded abuck. Was able to learn direction of travel and picked up the trail. Using the radios we were able to effectivly meet up with each other and track the buck 400 yards in the dark. Found the buck before the coyotes did. Didn't seem wrong to me. Felt right to find the wounded animal.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

A cell phone saved someone I know's life after he fell from a tree a few years back.