Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Follow the crows???

Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Follow the crows???

I heard something from one of my friends today that sounded way out there he said that if you follow the crows you will see deer has anyone ever heard of this.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Follow the crows???

ORIGINAL: Alabama Slama

I heard something from one of my friends today that sounded way out there he said that if you follow the crows you will see deer has anyone ever heard of this.

I have heard it if you want to find a dead deer or a gut pile
Old 12-03-2006, 01:15 PM

Yup...I thinking he's mess with ya. Only deer you'll find is a dead one![&:]
Old 12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about crows but squirrels will tell you when something bigger is coming.Think about it, when you walk in the woods and a squirrel sees you it's gonna run to the nearest tall tree and bark at you until you pass on through out of sight.They do the same when deer pass through, so don't get so mad at all those stupid squirrels next time....they might be trying to tell you something. Same goes for raccoons, if you see a group of coons run from an area pay attention b/c a lot of times a big deer will be what ran them off.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

this anology could be true. i imagine the crows will lead you to someone's corn feeder. everyone knows if you hunt near a feeder, no matter how bad of a hunter you are, you'll see deer.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st - just because you have a feeder does not mean your gonna see deer.Depending on where you set it up the deer might go totally nocternal.

As far as crows giving away a deer.I always pay close attention to crows early in the morning when deer will pass thru where crows come off roosting areas.I have spotted deer in woods where crows have been squaking.

Same holds true for barking tree rats,dove or Quail.Watch,listen and pay attention to nature will often give up other game animals.