Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TV hunting shows.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:57 PM

Default RE: TV hunting shows.

Butch that was the best description that could be told bar none. I really like it when they laugh and carry on after the kill. Or wisper like the dont want the dead animal to hear them. Not my idea of a true hunter.JMO

[/align]
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM

ButchA
i agree with you totally. i used to love hunting shows as a kid, but now they are just boring to watch. now days i record them so i can fast forward them till the hunting. i can watch a morning of shows(roughly 4 or 5 hours) in about an hour to an hour and half. and the last time i checked, if you wisper "there is a huge buck 25 yards from my stand, i think im gonna take him." and then proceeded to turn back around draw your bow and say "you on him." to your camera man, the deer would be at about 125 yards at a full sprint away from you. that there tells you something.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one today where the guy passed on a beautiful 8-pt. and then later shot a weird looking buck that had good mass but an ugly rack. I thought the one he passed was better than the one he shot.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I'm glad there are hunting shows on TV. Compared to the garbage that now passes in primetime TV, I'll watch a deer hunting show anyday. I record anything that I'm interested in and watch it, fast forwarding through the commercials. My favorite shows are:

1. Spirit of the Wild
2. Wildlife Obsession
3. Gettin' Close
4. Roger Raglin Outdoors
5. North American Whitetail

For the people who don't like the shows, Would you prefer no hunting at all on TV? These shows aren't perfect, but they do give hunting some exposure. Hell, because of these shows I decided that I wanted to bowhunt.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Host of Hosts

The best hunting show on tv is Deer and Deer Hunting in my opinion. Not alot of hunting ,but information and ideas helpful to hunting whitetails. Great Magazine too. Other than that it's the same ole same ole.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

i like some of the shows like deer and deer hunting wildlife obsession gettin close

Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

ya those shows are great. especially when you see for a split second out on the side of the picture the fence that keeps all the game in the area. hunting shows do little for me. your better off go out my friend.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Spike

I love the hunting shows! Especially Drury Dream Season and Realtree Roadtrips. Wildlife obsession is good stuff too. I just wish they'd come out with more of this stuff,really enjoy it on the boring days at school...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive always felt that the good Doctor should have a TV show but I'm just way to humble to say so ![/align][/align]dd[/align][/align][/align]

Old 12-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with most of you....
These hunting shows suck!!!!!
They are boring...Not much in the way hunting,
Way..too many commercials.....[:'(]
And the thing is, you can put just about anybody
on this forum in the same boots as the hosts of these programsand they'd do just as well, and some memberswould put them out of a job...
When you hunt 260 plus days a year, your are going to be successfulin(or least attempting to) harvesting a world class animal...
I personally like the Big Buck,Elk Moosde etc.video footage ...
Not the hunts,but just the footage of the animals roaming around in there range......

Quick Reply: TV hunting shows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.