Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

baiting

Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: baiting

FWIW I think I read that it was legal to bait in 38 states.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I bait. Its legal here in tx. I tried (I mean TRIED)to put a food plot in but the deer ate it down to quickly and the drought didn't let it grow. If I could get a food plot in Id pull my feeders in a heartbeat but that wasnt possible this year.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:53 PM

I fish with a worm on my hook so I guess I am not a real fisherman, Horse$$$$!
I hunt with opensighted 30-30 so maybe I am not a real hunter.
Horse$$$$!

You hunt the way you hunt and I will hunt the way I hunt and as long as we do not break the laws everyone should be happy....
Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Runningun

I fish with a worm on my hook so I guess I am not a real fisherman, Horse$$$$!
I hunt with opensighted 30-30 so maybe I am not a real hunter.
Horse$$$$!

You hunt the way you hunt and I will hunt the way I hunt and as long as we do not break the laws everyone should be happy....
I feel your pain.
Lion says your not hunting cause your using a spear, caveman says your not hunting cause your using an arrow, indian say not fair him use gun. Shotgun hunter says it aint hunting cause your using a center fire, rifle hunter says your cheating your using bait, bait hunter says your cheating cause your just sitting and waiting over a food plot. it goes around and around every year.
What I dont understand is when did I have to start giving a deer a chance. its not a game for me. I hunt to kill and eat and hang one on the wall. Whatever improves my chances I am going to do that. I am HUMAN the ultimate predator.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Amen Brother or Sister
Old 12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
bigcountry

Goodness gracious, you guys get your feelings hurt too easy ladys. Why do you care so much that we feel your slob hunters?

Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Texas its almost neccessary. Like up in the hill country or in the brush of south Texas. There are no planted crops, only dense woods, and were talking millions of acres of woods and you have a couple of hundred in a sea of woods.
So lets not hunt deer the old fashioned way by hard work........
Old 12-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every Year We

Old 12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

And this year we're still

Old 12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

no planted crops here to "sit" on. i think baiting should be illegal everywhere. if baiting wasn't allowed anywhere, than nobody would have an unfair advantage and people wouldn't have to say, " i only bait because i have to because everyone around me baits.".

Quick Reply: baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.