Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post Rut Tactics

Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Post Rut Tactics

Hi guys,

Just wondering if u guys had any advice on where to hunt now that the rut is nearing its end. This is my second year hunting and ive only seen a couple deer so far and havent got one yet, although i am bowhunting. I would like to get my first before the season ends and dont really know where to set up. Ive tried setting up on trails they use to get from their bedding area to their food, but they always seem to come out after dark or after i leave[:@]. Any advice on where to look...i guess its too late to set up a treestand so maybe just sitting and waiting or stillhunting? maybe closer to their bedding area...i really dont know. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Post Rut Tactics

Grab a climber treestand and get in the woods early and setup very close or in their bedding area. That way maybe you can catch them in the morning coming back to bed.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Post Rut Tactics

Its never to late to set up a stand, you can get a lock-on or climber and use it immediately.