Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Weekend Weather & Tactics

Old 12-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Weekend Weather & Tactics

Well this weekend in the Northeast looks to be very windy with rain Friday night and into Saturday morning. I figure here in CT the rut is pretty much over.
I was going to set my climber up on the edge of this ravine type area with a small creek running through the middle. Its in an area with pretty heavy woods, the tree I want to set up in has alot of bushes and thick brush around it, including a couple trails with rubs on the trees
Anyone have any suggestions on tactics or any tricks to help me out. This will probably be my last day to hunt shotgun in CT, then its muzzleloader for the rest of the season.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Spike

Default RE: Weekend Weather & Tactics

The midwest just got dumped with snow today. I like to take the opportunity to go out after a fresh snow and follow tracks. I always seem to learn something.

Other than that, looks like cold, cold, cold this weekend. I'll be hunting travel corridors between feeding and bedding.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 PM

Default RE: Weekend Weather & Tactics

Think I'm gonna sit in my stand til 10 or so and if I dont see anything maybe try to stalk something.