Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!! >

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 AM

Default RE: Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Quote;You got a big circle of friends

Not all friends!! I am "in the ban".

from " Lank custer".
Old 12-01-2006, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: nksmfamjp

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

too bad he didnt slip a handgun out as they were walking off,it would of been 3 amish funerals very soon..sorry but thats how it should be.
BTW. . .In most states this would be murder. Shooting after the threat is eliminated. . .them walking away. . .is usually murder.

It will not be murder if you send a warning shot over their heads to get them to turn around. Then the entrance wound would be in their chest not their backs. Anyone points a gun at you in the woods then hits you from behind with a weapon is a serious threat to your life and safety. At the least all 3 deserved a 300 win mag round through 1 leg
Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It will not be murder if you send a warning shot over their heads to get them to turn around.
Nope it's still murder. Getting them to turn around before you kill them is clearly just an attempt to get away with it. It might work too but it doesn't change the fact that you would have killed people that were no longer a threat.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

It will not be murder if you send a warning shot over their heads to get them to turn around.
Nope it's still murder. Getting them to turn around before you kill them is clearly just an attempt to get away with it. It might work too but it doesn't change the fact that you would have killed people that were no longer a threat.
who would know? dead people don't talk
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salty

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

who would know? dead people don't talk
Like I said, though you might get away with it you'dstill bea murderer. Just like O.J. but not so famous. LOL
Old 12-03-2006, 04:55 AM

oops, maybe I stand corrected. Talked to my bro-in-law from Meadville about the incident. He said there is a group of Amish (BTW theres a very large variety of Amish just like Catholic etc.) that may do that if on their own property. Did the man say he was hunting on private property?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do believe there would have been a rumble in the jungle. [:-]
Old 12-03-2006, 07:53 AM

From what I understand, Amish are not allowed to be in a photo, so if you ever run into any trespassing just tell them that they walked right past a couple of your Cuddebacks and you'll post their pictures in the newspaper and the bulletin boards at all area grocery stores, and then they'll go to jail where they'll: 1)be forced to use machinery, and2) get raped by men.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: kinny

2) get raped by men.
That'd be great for them to hear,big bubba meetin' 'em in thejailhouse "you little amish boyssure got purdy mouths, i'm gonna churn your butter"

Bet that'd make 'em wanna never harm another hunter ever again. I know every group has its bad'ns but I myself havent ever met a bad amish person. But amish or not I still stand behind my sidearm and I wouldnt have let them walk out of there if it where me.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 AM

I live in Saegertown. The guy this happened to is a patient at the doctors office my mother-in-law works at. He is the biggest bull****ter you could ever meet and I wouldnt believe the guy unless I saw it happen. I know lots of the Amish in the area and there isnt one of them that would do that. It's not the Amish way of life. They shy away from confrontation. There is way more to this story then what is being told. And as far as someone saying they heard that the Amish do that if you hunt on thier property without permission that is not true in the situation I had. Guy living behind my dad sold his land to some Amish guys who then posted it up by the road and on the other side of the property. Not seeing that I was over there during small game season and they came up asking what I was doing there. After apoligizing and explaining the situation I asked if I could hunt there and they said yes. No cracking me in the head with anything or threatening me. That just isnt how they act. I'll post more if my m-i-l finds out anything else.

Quick Reply: Watch out for those crazy Amish Hunters!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.