Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
anyone knwo how to minimize human scent? >

anyone knwo how to minimize human scent?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone knwo how to minimize human scent?

Old 12-01-2002, 12:40 AM

Default RE: anyone knwo how to minimize human scent?

here is my trick...vineger. before i get in the shower, i rub myself down real well with it, then take a shower with the scent proof soap. i put a cup of vineger in with my laundry, then use the scent proof dryer sheets. i put all of my clothes in a trashbag with some pine tree cuttings, and i dont put on the last layer until i am out the door. i also spray down with the de-scenting stuff. and dont forget your gun, hat, boots, back/fanny pack, hoisting rope, safety harness, everything. if you can smell it, the deer will too!
the vineger is an old-time trick for descenting. we wash lots of things with it. it helps take out the cigarette smell, skunk off a dog, mildew off the towels, all kinds of things. give it a try.