Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Newbie Question: Shipping Meat >

Newbie Question: Shipping Meat

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Newbie Question: Shipping Meat

Old 11-20-2002, 02:03 PM

Default Newbie Question: Shipping Meat

I'm a newbie to deer hunting, starting the research and planning my first hunt next season. I'm beginning to get an idea of what I'll be in for, but have some questions.

I live in California, and in all likelyhood I'll be hunting out of state. I've no idea how the meat would be handled. I'm figuring that I'll use a guide, and have assistance butchering for this and the first few hunts. Does anyone have experience they could relate? What were the general logistics of shipping the kill home?

Thanks for any advice you can provide
Old 11-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Newbie Question: Shipping Meat

Get it froze good and hard before you ship it if you can, then get a good sealed, thick styrofoam cooler and some dry-ice and it should do just fine for the trip home.

THE NRA, WHERE WOULD YOU AS A GUN-OWNER BE WITHOUT THEM.
GUN-OWNERS, UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Newbie Question: Shipping Meat

A friend of mine use to hunt in Texas each year. He and his brother would take a small chest type freezer and put it in the truck, when they got out there they would slide it out close enough to a plug in to hook it up and as they shot deer they would pack the freezer. When they started to return home they would simply slide it in the truck and come home.