Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many different seasons does your state have? >

How many different seasons does your state have?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many different seasons does your state have?

Old 11-26-2006, 06:28 PM

Default RE: How many different seasons does your state have?

Well i know here in Alberta we have two seperate seasons one for bow and one for rifle. Now in certain areas of the province the seasons start and end at different times. That also includes the the animal seasons that fall under those two seasons. Some areas you do get supplemental tags for does for management issues. Then some animals are draw and some animals in some areas are general which means you can shot one of either sex and in some areas as well there are point restrictions mostly for elk, some areas they are 3 points on one antler or better and sometimes its 6 points or better on one antler.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Chjickenjohb, where do you hunt? What state.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Spud he hunts South Carolina. Yea I know I am a little envious also.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: spudrow

Chjickenjohb, where do you hunt? What state.
Yep hunt in SOUTH CAROLINA .They want to limit the no . of bucks we take ,but it don't bother me I don't eat the horns lol.I am a doe killa .
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ontario is really big, so theres lots of different things going on depending on where you are. Where I hunt its:

Archery only season
General season (anything goes) - 2 weeks
Muzzle loader - 1 week
Archery again

Some areas with heavy travelled highways and tourist areas don't have a rifle season, they have a controlled hunt instead, its shotgun only and you have to get drawn in a lottery to participate (no dogs). I've never participated but think I may apply for next year, with the bucks I've seen out of bow range this year it may be worth it.

I don't think we have the youth seasons that I keep hearing you americans talking about.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 AM

Here in New Brunswick we have 2 seasons for deer. First 3 weeks of Oct is archery season and the 4th monday of Oct is the opening of rifle season which runs for 4 weeks (no hunting on Sundays). During this 7 week stretch we are allowed 1 deer and you must apply in the anterless deer draw to be able to shoot a doe/anterless deer.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM

Minnesota has bow season from second weekend of September through December 31st.
Rifle season starts the first weekend of November and can be one weekend, two consecutive weekends, 9 days or 16 days long depending on zone and sometimes unit.
Muzzleloader season starts the weekend after Thanksgiving and goes for 16 days.
There is an early doe season weekend for select units in October and one or two youth hunts as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

NC
Sept 11th - Nov11th=Bow
Nov 11th - Nov 18th=BLack powder
Nov 18th- Dec16th=General (Gun Season)

In my county that is. Some season's in NC go from Sept. 11th to Jan 2nd.
In my county I get to take 2 bucks and 4 does at anytime.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Spike

Here in Georgia you can deer hunt for about 4 months of the year, startingSeptember 9th. The first 5 weeks is bow only, though the last week of bow season you can muzzle load as well. AfterOctober 21you can rifle hunt throughJanuary 15th. .
You can shoot 2 bucks and 10 does, though there are no tags and your harvest is not monitored.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: SpringHillFarms

You can shoot 2 bucks and 10 does, though there are no tags and your harvest is not monitored.
No tags?

Quick Reply: How many different seasons does your state have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.