Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TC Encore

Old 11-21-2006, 02:48 PM

Default TC Encore

What do you guys think about the Thomsan Encore.. Does it shoot just has good as a regular rifle or muzzle loader or shotgun would?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:33 PM

Default RE: TC Encore

Ive got one and I love it, I have the muzzleloader barrel, a 22-250 bull barrel, 300 win mag , .243 pistol barrel, and .204 ruger pistol barrel. They all shoot great, and Id say shoot just as good or better than my other rifles. Only drawback is its a single shot, and lots of people cant get over that, but really you shouldnt need more than one shot very often. Now they have out the Prohunter, and it seems even nicer, a few new added touches to make it a little sweeter, like recoil reduction, 28 inch barrels instead of 26 for more velocity and accuracy, fluted barrels, (look good, and supposed to dissapate heat faster) and the swing hammer, to clear scopes better. Get one you wont be dissapointed.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best gun combo ever!! I have a 7mm mag barrel and a .50 cal muzzloader barrel have harvest many a game with both I LOVE IT cant say enough nice things about it!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: person

What do you guys think about the Thomsan Encore.. Does it shoot just has good as a regular rifle or muzzle loader or shotgun would?
Thompson Encores are as good as any rifle, muzzleloader or shotgun that I have ever owned. My son and I both made kills with an Encore muzzleloader last month in Oklahoma, and my son has killed 3 here in Texas with his Encore 270 rifle.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:52 PM

How much is encore or pro hunter? Cant find prices

Old 11-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go tohttp://www.gunbroker.com
You can get an idea of the going rate.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:14 PM

You will probably pay somewhere in the range of 600-700 for a frame, barrel, and stock/forend. A local gun shop has a Prohunter in 22-250 with stainless fluted barrel and the black recoil reduction stock, all for $710, but hes a little high on his stuff usually. A freind of mine with an FFL found somewhere with a special price on Prohunter frames with camo stock and forend for a little under $400 and the barrels are about $250 each depending on what you get. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:43 PM

The Pro hunter you can inter change barrels on it to cant you like shotgun muzzle loader or rifle? I found them on this one web site for 684 i think but the only ones they had in stock on the pro hunter was a 338 mag. Im almost 15 i shoot guns alot would a 338 have to much recoil?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've got $780.00 wrapped up in mine. i bought the Pro Hunter stainless steel and camo stocks.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Pro hunter you can inter change barrels on it to cant you like shotgun muzzle loader or rifle? I found them on this one web site for 684 i think but the only ones they had in stock on the pro hunter was a 338 mag. Im almost 15 i shoot guns alot would a 338 have to much recoil?
338 is going to kick pretty good. Encores are not very heavy guns, so it may kick more than a wood stocked bolt gun would.

As far as price goes, a cheaper route would be to pick up a "standard" Encore receiver and put ProHunter barrels on it. In my opinion, the ProHunter model are overpriced for what you get. I have 5 standard Encores and love them all. I can't see a couple of hundred bucks extra for a fancy stock and engraved receiver.

Quick Reply: TC Encore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.